sixteen*

This is what happened.

Flashback.

Dally's POV

She couldn't know. It killed me that I wasn't able to tell her anything. She begged me and begged me and I knew she was going to be mad when I told her I couldn't tell her. I really couldn't.

I kissed her as if it was my last day. It really could've been. The thought of her beautiful green eyes and her dark chocolate hair never came out of memory. Her smile lit up my world and her personality was the best thing to top it all off.

She cared for me and I was lying to her. Who the hell am I to treat her like that? Dallas Winston. That's all I should be doing.

That Soc Grayson and I were meeting up. We needed to talk about Maria. I was doing this all for her.

I arrived to the park. We decided on no blades and just the two of us. We needed to hash this out and settle it for good.

"Hey greaser." He laughed. I shook it off throwing my cigarette on the ground.

"Let's get this over with." I wanted to make it quick.

"Not so fast." He stopped me from jumping on him. "We need to make a deal." He threw his varsity jacket on the ground.

"What is it you want? What more could you possibly want?" I asked. Those Socs got everything they didn't deserve. Not that I cared. I knew that the other boys did, though.

He laughed a long laugh. "Isn't it obvious? I want my bitch back." He threw his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

I was so close to beating his ass then and there but I didn't. I couldn't. A deal was a deal.

"She's not a bitch." I stated.

"Awh. Dallas Winston went soft." He chuckled. "If I win, you leave Maria alone. I get her to myself."

I nodded for him to continue.

"If you win, I'll never talk to her again. Can't promise anything for the other Socs, but I won't."

"Alright fine." I knew what I was doing was wrong. I was doing it for Maria though. "Not a word of this to anyone." I demanded and he nodded.

This Grayson guy was large and built but nothing I couldn't handle. In fact, the larger ones are usually weaker. Kick 'em in the wrong spots or say something that'll emotionally make 'em weak and they're done.

We both spit in our hands and shook on it. Immediately after that I tackled him to the ground.

Punch after punch. He managed to take control and punch me.

I kneed him in the spot that hurts the most and he whimpered falling to the side of me.

I continuously punched him. He was almost knocked unconscious. I wanted to finish him. I wanted to make him deal with the pain that he put Maria through endlessly.

Then I remembered. Maria was tuff but she would never want me to take Graysons life. Or anyone's life for that matter.

I stopped punching him. And got up backing away from him.

"I'll let you off." I said. "But you will stay away from Maria." I demanded. He laid on the ground unable to speak. Blood dripped from his face and bruises forming on his body.

He slowly got up and limped away somehow. I walked the opposite direction.

End of flashback.

Maria's POV

I had no words to say. I sat there completely stunned.

When dally told me that story, he made no eye contact. Just took hits from his cigarette and looked down at his shoes.

I knew he felt sorry.

"Listen, I'm sorry M. I didn't mean for this to happen." He truly felt sorry and I understood.

"No, no it's okay. I just wish you would have told me." I reassured him. "I wish you wouldn't have spoken on my behalf either though." I played with my fingers nervously.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I leaned my body closer to him.

"Just promise me that you won't ever keep something like this from me again." I begged.

"I promise."

"Is that why you were upset with me starting a fight with that Soc girl?" I asked.

"I just didn't want you to get hurt. I also don't want to see you end up like me." He sounded so embarrassed. I cuddled up closer to him to comfort him.

"Why would that be a bad thing?" I asked and he shrugged in response. The conversation wasn't done but I knew he wanted it to be.

We sat there for another hour just watching the stars until I went inside to finish my homework and went to bed. That's when I realized it.

Dallas Winston makes me crazy.