As we arrived, Ana instructed us what to say to not cause alarm to the soldiers. They easily traded, not noticing Ehren's face as one of their own men standing behind us. Once the men traded, Ana confirmed that the second group waiting with her father had intercepted them and removed them from the path with no issues.

"In order for the interior guards to open the door, you'll need to create a scuffle outside the door. One of the men with you will need to create a fight against the door to make enough noise to cause alarm. You must use the words 'Code 3' in order for them to open the door for you. They're trained to wait for those words under all circumstances." Her words rang out in my mind, and based on how the men's ears were perked, I could sense that she was sending her message to all of us.

"I understand." I replied before turning to face them.

I nodded to them all, waiting to see which one would want to step up to the plate. I half expected Ehren to volunteer to vent some frustration with me over our situation, but he didn't. I saw a quick curl at the edge of his lips that told me he'd thought about it as a look of mischief crossed his face for only a moment before it disappeared.

Thaddeus slowly straightened, giving me the nod and I returned it. I'm sure he's been waiting to take out a little frustration freely on me as well, and now was his chance. I braved myself as his fist reared back before launching at my face and connecting, hard. I staggered back slightly and yelled out to draw alarm. Ehren jumped in to restrain him and Thaddeus fought him hard to get free before lunging for me once more.

He was putting on a good show. That was for sure.

I kicked back as he approached me from above, pushing him back off his feet and into the door. After several moments of pause, Thaddeus finally knocked on the door three times and followed the motion with the words "Code 3."

After another moment of deafening silence, the sound of bolts being removed from the other side of the door finally echoed through the darkness before the large wooden door slowly pulled open with a loud creaking noise.

In that split instant, I felt Ana's push, willing us all forward and we followed her lead precisely. We all rushed through, disarming and restraining the two guards inside just as she said. A female scream came from the other side of the room as we quickly pushed the door shut.

My eyes shot up to see Lilith's shocked expression before it changed to recognition and then confusion. Her eyes  widened as her mouth turned down in a frown.

"Oh my...Zane how did you...?" She began in a whisper.

I could feel how weak she was. She needed the bond to keep up her strengh. Just being near me was already increasing her energy.

"What the fuck are you doing here and how did you find us?" Maddox growled, jumping to his feet and flashing to stand in front of Lilith defensively.

"I think you know how I found you here." I sneered as a wicked grin curled up the edges of my mouth.

Ehren stepped around from behind me and Maddox snarled, rushing toward him as he screamed, "You fucking traitor!"

As quick as he was, Thaddeus was ready Thanks to Ana. He leapt to stand behind Maddox, pulling him into a strong hold and squeezing tightly, tighter than necessary as he forced him down to his knees and smirked down at him. Maddox struggled for a moment and screamed out, but nothing worked. Thaddeus wouldn't relent.

Maddox looked at Ehren as if he was burning holes through him by sheer will. "You were nothing before I pulled you up. I made you what you are. And you've thrown it all away for some shitty piece of ass. What a waste."

Ehren stepped closer to him, leaning down to look down his nose at him as he scowled. After a moment, he reared back and slammed his fist square into Maddox face, colliding with his nose as a loud cracking noise rippled through the air.

"You deserve every bit of this you son of a bitch." He sneered. "I only wish I'd have been able to kill you before the war, but I'll settle for later, so long as you die."

Maddox spit down onto the ground at Ehren's feet as blood flowed down his face. He would heal quickly, but we could remedy that for him after it had happened.

"I'm just glad I killed her when I did. To think that whore controlled you both so easily, and you let her. For what? A good fuck? I got that and then some before I was done with her." He said with a vicious smirk.

It took every ounce of control I had not to tear him apart right there, and I could see Thaddeus struggling with that same thought as his grip tightened even harder around Maddox's neck.

I chuckled darkly, standing above him as I smiled. "She's alive you miserable fuck." I leaned down to make sure I could look him directly in his face as it changed to one of pure disbelief. "And she's going to be the death of you."

*A/N: Y'all are truly amazing! I can't believe this story has gotten up to 50k reads. Never in my dreams could I have thought this story would be read and loved like this! I'm glad you're all loving it as much as I am and I can't thank you enough for your support! :) And even more so for your patience as I've finished this story at the pace I am able.