Chapter 23

I'm not gonna give a normal excuse on why this chapter is late. None of that "busy with homework" stuff. So I'll tell the truth and say I was busy in Disney World instead :P

-CFF

___________________

We take Myna to see James at the hospital. After giving us all a week to re-coop, I needed to see my baby again. I'd been sleeping most of the week, I was so exhausted. Cato and Anila took turns being at the hospital with James, but Cato refused to let me see him until I got my strength back. So, following both the doctor's and Cato's orders, I'd rested until I was feeling more like myself. We enter the hospital, make our way to the nursery via elevator and stand outside the door in silence. Cato walks into the nursery and brings James, who is sleeping still, out of the nursery.

We go and sit in a secluded room. Myna clings to me. her eyes are wide as she gazes at her brother, but she says nothing. Cato looks up at his daughter and whispers, "Do you like him? He's your new brother Myna." She gazes at him, her lip quivering. "Myna?" Cato asks again. "I don't want him." She says quietly before raising her voice to a yell. "I don't want him!! I want Chase back! I!! Want!!! Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!!"

Her screaming wakes up the baby and his wails mingle with his sister's yells, causing utter pain to the ears. Pain that can only be created when a voice reaches a certain pitch that both of my children are currently at. I cover my ears.

Cato looks at me and hands me James. I gently rock my baby, trying to calm him. Cato turns to Myna, picking her upsets her down in the chair he was just sitting in. She's still wailing, though it's in a slightly softer pitch. Next Cato retakes James from my arms and does the unexpected. He puts James in Myna's lap and crouches down, making sure James doesn't roll off or anything.

James is still wailing, but for some reason Myna's voice shuts off as the tears dry on her face. She stares down at her brother like he is there for the first time. His hands are waving in the air. One of them lands in Myna's hand and she holds it, gazing down at the miniature fingers. completely mesmerized. James must have noticed the touch because he opens his eyes as his cries stop. His blue eyes meet the same shade of blue ones that his sister has and they just stare at each other for a full five minutes. Cato and I are still, we don't want to break the moment apart.

Then, slowly, gradually, Myna's face breaks into a small smile before evolving into a full fledged ear-to-ear grin. James watches his sister before chortling loudly. Myna grins and giggles. Cato and I look at each other again. Looks like she's accepted him now. That is perfect. I don't want this scene to end, but as I look at the clock on the wall, I know that we have to leave for a little while to make our appointment, Dres invited us to dinner at her place. I didn't really want to accept, but one, it would be rude. And two, Anila wouldn't allow us to decline. She is an incredibly stubborn woman.

Cato and Myna walk to the first floor of the hospital as I carry James in my arms, heading to the nursery. When I arrive at the nursery, I kiss the top of his head. He has been lulled back to sleep, by the short walk back I guess. I carefully place him down in the hospital crib, careful not to wake him. I gaze down at him lovingly. And before I leave and close the door behind me, I whisper down to him, so softly I barely make a sound, "I love you James."

_______________________________

1. I really didn't expect to get this far. I wrote this story up on another site, but I didn't plan on having this many people to read the story on here, meaning I wouldn't upload all of it :P so thankyou very very much. It means a LOT. I can't even begin to explain how much your love of this series means to me. So thankyou VERY VERY much. I love you all so much :)

2. 5 comments and 4 votes for the next one please!!!!

-CFF