Chapter 19

Cato's hand is on my arm leading me through the rubble the fallen bombs have left behind. I'm still in shock. Chase is dead...how can he be? He was alive and joyful only an hour ago. Why didn't I stay on the train with him? Why was I so selfish? If only. If only I'd stayed behind, in the Capital even. Then I could have made sure my baby was safely in our rooms.

I see the train. It looks deserted. I pry Cato's hand away from my arm and stumble towards the train. He doesn't follow. I get to the doors of the first train car and open them. As soon as I take a step inside, a single, loud beep goes off, before stopping suddenly. A cold fear comes over me. That is not normal. The train never makes noise when the doors open and passengers step onboard.

I hear Cato scream out my name before it happens. A blinding red and yellow light envelops me. In a split second I look to my hands, bringing them up to my face and seeing nothing, before I fly backwards. It feels endless, or is that just because I'm still numb from my loss? I hear a loud thud and realize I have landed on something hard. I try to turn my neck and am horrified to find that I can't sitting up is also pointless, I can barely move. I feebly lift up my left hand from my stomach, on which it had been laying. My eyes grow wide to see that it's drenched in wet, sticky, red. Blood. I can feel my mouth opening, calling for Cato. But no sounds come out. I can't hear a thing. My world is ruled by silence.

I lie here I don't know how long. A minute? An hour? The sense of time has escaped me. Cato's face appears in front of mine. He is slightly dirty, with dried blood running across his right cheek. Still he is incredibly handsome. His eyes are filled with worry as I smile up at him. My face hurts so its a small smile. But he returns the smile, making me happy to lay here in pain, if only to look up at his smiling face.

Cato's eyes look away from my own and his face becomes full of fear. "Clove" His mouth moves. But I can only read the lips. The sound of his voice doesn't reach my ears. Gently, he picks me up, carefully holding me in his arms. His mouth is moving again. My hearing comes back barely as the final shaky words pass between his chapped, bleeding lips "...we're gonna get you to the Capital okay Clove? I promise. You're gonna be okay."

"Cato." My voice sounds distorted and fuzzy. Not my own. He looks at me as he steps over and around large piles of debris. His eyes are brimming with tears as he says again, "You're gonna be okay. I'm here."

He looks up as a loud whirring noise approaches us. Instead of another bomb, a helicopter makes its way over. Dres's voice rings out, "Get yourselves over here. We have to evacuate immediately." Cato heads its way as it lands. He hands me to Halozay before jumping in afterwards. They take off as quickly as they landed. My hearing is a little better now, meaning I can hear more things. I can hear Dres tell the pilot to take us back to the Capital. I can hear Cato kissing my forehead softly as he tells me I'm okay. I can hear Halozay calling to Dres to come and help him stop my massively bleeding stomach. I look up at Cato before my eyes close. They are too tired to open again as the darkness consumes me. I slip away into the unknown.

________________________

1.Yes. It will get better, happier. Just stay with me peeps.

2. No Clove did NOT die, she's just passed out because of blood loss. :)

5 comments for the next one plz! 

Although it might take me a little bit longer because school is keeping me REALLY busy :( THANKYOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!!!!!!!!! 

-CFF