Chapter 8

Dedication: Thankyou for being the first to read the story and the first to comment. It means a lot <3

**Picture is of Halozay Steel (without the Capital look xD)

-CFF

_________________

Cato's hand twitches as he holds the edge of his father's casket. "How?" The menace in his voice is clear.

Anila is silently looking up at the man in the tealish-pink suit. But the man in the black suit answers instead. His voice is surprisingly high and squeaky, like surgery tried to adjust it and horribly failed. Not what I had expected because of his stocky build. "We are here to investigate just that." I inturupt asking, "Who are you?" Pinky McTeal answers. "My name is Halozay and he is Jefengs." Jefengs nods. "Yes. As he said, I am Jefengs. Doad Jefengs and he is my partner Halozay Steel." Steel nods.  Doad continues, "We've been having small issues of rebellion."

Steel interupts, "Yes, nasty pieces of information about rebellion." Jefengs nods. "Quite right quite right." Steel repeats quietly, "Quite right quite right." as Doad continues, "There are groups in Districts Five, Seven, and Eleven." Jefengs fiddles with his magneta hair as Steel continues, "We've just heard of rebellion groups in Twelve, with an incident of fire. We didn't believe it at first," Jefengs interjects, "No of course not, why should we? They are a pathetic District, not worthy of much attention." Steel nods seriously saying with Jefengs at the same time, "Quite right, quite right." Jefengs keeps going, "But now we belive this is getting to be more than just an annoying issue. The President himself,"

"President Snow himself!" Steel calls out excitedly as Jefengs continues, "Yes, President Snow has been looking into these situations. With all due respect to your father, he was a victim of what we believe was a vicious group of rebel night hunters." Halozay Steel interjects, "Quite right, quite right." Doad Jefengs nods saying, "Quite right quite right."

I roll my eyes. Oh brother. Steel finishes with, "Your father was the second victim of these supposed people. We are gathering a comittee to find these people responsible for the rebellion and," Jefengs interupts, "Take care of them basically." Cato looks up from his father's body into Steel's freakish eyes, the fire clearly burning in his own. "I want in." Cato says. WHAT?

He continues, "I want to find the one; who did that." He's shaking with rage as he points to his father's body. Steel smiles but I don't hear Jefengs reply. My stomach lurches. I grab it and turn, walking out of the room, practically running. I have to get outside. I walk past the people towards the door that will lead me to a place I can catch my breath in. No. NO! We can't get sucked back into the killing world. Not with the kids. Not with the coming baby. I won't let it happen. My stomach lurches again as the baby moves around. I sigh heavily. How could he even be considering this?

"Clove." A voice bursts into my bubble of thoughts. Fists clenched, I stand and face the speaker. "Clove." Cato says again. I frown and turn on him angrily. "How could you?!" I yell. "I thought we'd agreed to not get pulled back into the killing realm! Think of the children!! Myna. Chase. They are innocent, and I want to keep them innocent for as long as possible. I don't want them to be normal District Two children, I don't want them to think its okay to dream of getting revenge. And if we go to the Capital, that's exactly what they're gonna think. I don't want them growing up in a world like that! Its bad enough you have to train potential murderers and tributes!"

Cato graps my shoulders saying strongly, "Clove, that's enough!" My anger floats away, popping like a bubble. I burst into tears. Cato slowly brings me into a hug. "I'm sorry for yelling," I whisper. Cato replies,"Its supposed to be normal. For your condition." I shake my head. "Yes, but that does not mean I enjoy going through all of these emotions at once." I sigh and continue, "Look. If you want to find out who did, I mean, who killed him; you have to promise me you'll be extremely careful not to end up with the same fate as your father did." Cato smiles weakly and says, like he's a school boy again, "Cross my heart." He hugs me once more, before leading me back into the room with the Capital's ridiculous cronies. Jefengs looks up saying, "Well?" I take a deep breath, let it out and say, "Alright. we're in."