Chapter 25

It had been a week since Walter died and the conflict between the two tribes ended. Celia, Roscuroe, Harley, Hannah, and Rowan had recovered and winter had arrived early. It was time for them to leave as more snow was bound to come.
"Are we leaving already?" Harley asked as he entered Dawn's burrow while Roscuroe was discussing plans with everyone about leaving.
"Yes, we need to leave before the worst of early winter arrives." Roscuroe replied to Harley as he joined them in their circle.
"Well, I kind of don't want to." Harley stated.
"Why?" Roscuroe asked Harley.
"Well, I got a girlfriend." Harley replied quickly.
"You got a girlfriend?" Hannah asked Harley out of surprise. Harley smiled and responded "Yes, I love her and I can't just leave her here."
"Who is she?" Rowan asked Harley, who was for some reason excited to know. Harley hesitated before answering "Her name is Blossom."
"You managed to get Blossom to like you? Impressive." Dawn commented.
"She loves me back." Harley said to Dawn with a smile. Celia was happy for Roscuroe, he finally found someone who truly loved him for who he was that wasn't someone he considered family. Roscuroe let out a sigh, smiled, and told Harley "If you really want to stay, you can stay."
Harley began jumping around in one spot in joy and quickly ran out of the room. He then stopped and realized that he should probably say goodbye to everyone. He came back to everyone and spoke "Well, I guess this is goodbye, I will miss you all. Roscuroe, my best pal, it's been a pleasure knowing you, along with you Hannah. Celia, Rowan, I'm glad that I've gotten an opportunity to raise you, and Leena, I'm glad that I finally met a human that didn't want to kill me upon meeting."
Nobody responded, instead, everyone got up and hugged Harley and said their goodbyes to him. After a while of just hugging Harley, they went outside, Hannah and Celia prepared themselves to fly, but were stopped by Leena coming out and asking "Can I come with you all?"
"I don't think we can carry you, sorry." Hannah answered. Dawn then followed Leena out and offered "I can carry her if you want, since I would like to visit your home."
"In that case then yes, Leena can come." Hannah told Dawn. Leena smiled and hugged Hannah. After she let go of Hannah, Hannah grabbed Roscuroe and lifted herself up without falling back to the ground, Celia doing the same with Rowan. Harley watched them fly up into the sky with Blossom while Dawn let Leena climb onto her back to be carried.
"You ready to see the world as only a winged Lizen can?" Dawn asked Leena as she made herself comfortable and held on tight to Dawn.
"Yes, I am." Leena gave Dawn a straight answer.
"Alright, you will envy us for the rest of your life afterwards." Dawn said as she spread her wings and lifted herself into the sky, catching up to Hannah and Celia quickly. When she caught up, Leena shouted "I'M FLYING!"
"I AM TOO!" Rowan shouted back as both cheered. Celia was holding only Rowan tightly as she didn't want to let go of him again. After a while of flying, they arrived back at their home, and Celia never felt more happy to see the burrow she called home again. She already missed Harley, she knew that it wasn't going to be the same without him.
"So this is your home?" Dawn asked Hannah as Leena climbed off of Dawn.
"Yes, do you like it?" Hannah responded with a question. Dawn looked around and replied "I do, it has a nice view of the bridge and river."
"Thanks, I didn't build it though, Roscuroe's parents did long before he was hatched." Hannah told Dawn as Rowan ran inside, dashing past Roscuroe as he tried to enter.
"I guess dug out burrows are what Lizens specialize in building." Leena commented as she entered Celia's home.
"It's been what we, as a species, have been good at for centuries." Roscuroe told Leena.
"Do you live with us now?" Rowan asked Leena as he ran back up to her. Leena hesitated before responding "For now, maybe, but my home is close by."
"Where do you live?" Hannah asked Leena.
"I live in Charlie Lake, y'know, the place that is just up the road from Taylor and past Fort St. John." Leena told Hannah.
"I know where that is, we were there five years ago though, it's where we met Harley, Max, and Galaxy. I wonder how they are doing these days." Hannah responded as she started to go off topic.
"Do you know what house you lived in?" Celia asked Leena, curious about if she could reunite Leena with her family.
"Yes, I do." Leena replied before asking "Are you all going to take me home or should I find my own way?"
"No need to walk out in the cold by yourself, I will take you home." Dawn told Leena as Celia blurted "I want to help as well."
"You can come too, Celia." Dawn told Celia as Hannah asked "Can I as well?"
Dawn nodded as Roscuroe said "I will stay here and make sure Rowan doesn't get lost again."
"Alright, we can leave today if you want." Dawn said to Leena as she became overjoyed yet worried at the same time.
"It was nice meeting you Rowan and Roscuroe." Leena said as she climbed back onto Dawn's back.
"It was nice knowing you as well." Roscuroe replied with a smile. Rowan hugged Leena and Dawn at the same time before they exited the den with Celia and Hannah by her sides. They lifted themselves into the air again and were on their way to Leena's home.