Chapter 15

It had been a week since Rowan, Celia, and Harley disappeared. Hannah was still waiting for Harley to return and was beginning to worry that something happened to them. She couldn't sleep, wasn't eating much, and constantly glanced at the entrance whenever she heard the slightest noise coming from outside. It was a cloudy day with a slight cool breeze and she was sitting outside beside the entrance to the burrow, waiting for a sign of Harley returning with her children. After a while, she saw something in the distance coming closer and closer towards her. Hannah immediately stood up and stared at it, noticing that it was a fast flying winged midget Lizen that looked like a falcon. He was wearing more of a tribal outfit and had the same colour scheme and patterns as a peregrine falcon. As he landed in front of Hannah, he took a few breaths and asked "Are you Celia and Rowan's mother?"
Hannah's ears immediately perked up as she desperately replied "Yes, yes I am! Where are they? Are they okay?"
"To answer those questions, they are perfectly fine and they are with us Blossom-Tribe folk under the care of your mother." Peregrine replied to Hannah.
"My mother?" Hannah asked Peregrine, slightly tilting her head.
"Yes, Mama Dawn believes that you are her lost egg." Peregrine told Hannah as she stared at the ground for a few seconds.
"She's alive, I thought she was dead." Hannah spoke quietly as Roscuroe exited the burrow and wandered over towards Hannah, asking Peregrine "Who are you?"
"Oh, right, I am Peregrine, messenger for Blossom-Tribe, and I am here to tell you that your children and friend are in great danger." Peregrine replied to Roscuroe.
"WHAT?!" Hannah shouted.
"You heard me right, Walter has found them and they are no longer entirely safe." Peregrine told Hannah and Roscuroe.
"Walter? That bastard is still alive?" Roscuroe asked Peregrine as Hannah's ears lowered back down.
"Yes, unfortunately, and we don't have much time. Come with me, I will take you to where your children are." Peregrine answered Roscuroe's question.
"How far is it?" Hannah asked Peregrine.
"Not long if you can fly." Peregrine replied. Roscuroe then turned and looked at Hannah and opened his mouth to speak, but Hannah spread her wings out and started running, determined to fly again. She leaped up and caught some air with her wings, but fell back down to the ground after a while.
"Can she fly?" Peregrine asked Roscuroe. He shook his head in response as they watched Hannah's desperate attempts to fly again. She flew when she saved Galaxy and during those times she had to get over the valley, but that was all a long time ago. She never learned how to fly, she was self taught how to. After a while, she finally did it. Hannah flew upwards into the sky and managed to stay up for longer than a minute.
"Hannah! You're flying!" Roscuroe exclaimed as she flew back down to grab Roscuroe. Peregrine joined her in the air as Hannah lifted Roscuroe up and carried him.
"Excuse me, but I didn't ask." Roscuroe told Hannah.
"Sorry Roscuroe, but I have to." Hannah responded to Roscuroe.
"Alright, follow me, just try to keep up." Peregrine said before quickly flying off back in the direction he came from. Hannah followed him as quick as she could, determined to see her children again. She missed them and spent each day without them regretting letting them go to the river and wishing she was a better mother. Though Hannah was very worried that Walter did something to them, if he did then she would never forgive herself for everything.