Chapter 12

Celia had another dreamless sleep, she hadn't been able to dream since she disappeared from her home. She hasn't been entirely comfortable either, she missed her home. She missed her father, her mother, watching Harley chase Rowan, and drawing while listening to Harley argue with Roscuroe. Celia was woken up by Peregrine, the other resident in Dawn's burrow. He was a winged midget with wings of a peregrine falcon and similar patterns and colours to one, though he wasn't s feather mane.
"Wake up! Mama Dawn made you something." Peregrine told Celia as she slowly lifted her head up and stretched out her wings. As Celia continued to wake up, Peregrine ran down the room into the kitchen on all fours, like Harley and Rowan always did. It seemed to be a common thing with midgets, though Rowan wasn't a midget. Whatever Dawn was making, it smelled good, and Celia wanted some. She quickly got onto her feet and headed over to see what it was. Dawn was cooking something in a pot over a fire in the fireplace with Leena sitting at the table with two chairs across from the fireplace with a cup and a bowl. Rowan and Harley weren't anywhere visible in the room.
"She's awake now Mama Dawn, she's a lot like you sometimes." Peregrine told Dawn before quickly running back out of the kitchen and went outside. Dawn looked over at Celia and smiled, asking "Do you want some?"
"What is it?" Celia asked in response.
"It's potato fish stew with some garlic, but everyone just calls it 'pish soup' for some reason." Dawn answered Celia's question before asking again "Do you want some?"
Celia did want some, she hadn't eaten much since she got lost and it was the only thing she wanted at that point.
"Yes please." Celia replied as Dawn told her "Alright, go sit with Leena and I will dish you out some."
As Celia sat down with Leena, Dawn gave her a bowl of the pish soup with a spoon. It wasn't like the ones her parents had, it seemed to be made from wood and carved by Lizen claws. Celia liked that. As Celia ate her stew, she noticed that Leena had one of those devices that humans typically have with them sitting beside her bowl. It was black, had rounded edges, and was smooth and flat on the surface. Once Celia was finished, she asked Leena while pointing to her device "What is that?"
"Oh, you mean this?" Leena asked Celia as she held it up.
"Yeah, what is it?" Celia asked again.
"It's my phone, or was, it's been dead for three years and I have never found an electrical outlet or a charger for it." Leena answered Celia's question.
"What do they do?" Celia asked Leena another question. Leena took a sip of whatever was in her cup and replied "It can do many things, like call people, text people, watch videos, take pictures, record videos, and play games. Now it can't do any of that because it's dead."
Leena placed her phone back down on the table and leaned back in her chair and added "If only it never died, then my family would have been able to find me."
Celia then remembered that she lost her family too, but Celia knew where her family was, Leena did not, or at least Celia didn't think she knew.
"You lost your family as well?" Dawn asked Leena as she leaned back forward.
"Yes, I was camping then suddenly I'm a slave for this orange Lizen named Walter, for three years. I just graduated highschool at the time as well." Leena replied to Dawn. Dawn's ears lowered again as her tail started swaying from side to side.
"That damn Lizen! First he terrorizes our tribe, enslaves his own kind, does questionable things to my possible daughter, and now takes you from your family? By Aripá I will have him killed!" Dawn angrily responded before turning back around and pouring the rest of her stew into a bigger bowl.
"I hate him too, he's really cruel, and I thought humans were more cruel to your kind back in the day." Leena told Dawn as she set down the bowl a little ways away from the fire as if she was saving it for someone.
"From what my father told me, he's responsible for his parents' deaths and that Harley had killed him." Celia added to the conversation. Dawn sighed and said "Well, he's not dead, but that may explain his melted face."
"Harley did that?" Leena asked Celia.
"Yes, he used his ability on him." Celia replied to Celia.
"I never understood how Lizen abilities worked, like, why do you guys have them but not humans?" Leena asked again, changing the subject a little.
"I don't know, honestly." Celia answered, it was never explained to her and she didn't even know if she had abilities.
"Aripá granted every Lizen a unique ability, except sorcerers, Magia grants that. Aripá is our God if you didn't know." Dawn answered Leena's question.
"You guys are aliens or something, this still doesn't make sense to me." Leena said as Dawn turned around to look at her.
"We've been on Earth far longer than you guys have, you guys are the aliens." Dawn told Leena as she smiled and shrugged her shoulders. Dawn then added "We evolved from dinosaurs to become more mammal-like."
"Anyways, this tea is really good and so was the stew." Leena complimented Dawn, changing the subject again.
"I'm glad you liked it, I bet you really needed that." Dawn replied with a smile.
"Yeah, I liked it too." Celia said.
"Yeah, being a slave to an orange Lizen for three years is tough, but I'm glad I am possibly free now." Leena told Dawn as she took their bowls and stuff.
"You are safe with us, he's tried to raid before but failed. He's no match for us." Dawn told Leena in response before suddenly collapsing to the ground with her hands over her head. Celia and Leena immediately got out of their chairs to see if she was okay. She was still conscious, but she looked like she wasn't inside her own body and her eyes lost their colour as they were completely white. After a few seconds, Dawn looked around again as the colour in her eyes came back.
"What happened to you?" Celia asked Dawn, concerned.
"It was just my ability, which is future sight. It comes at random times as visions." Dawn replied as she placed one of her hands over her forehead again.
"What did you see?" Leena asked Dawn as she started to shake a little.
"Visions of fire destroying everything in its path, that's all I saw." Dawn answered as she quickly stood up again and shook her head a bit.
"I'm fine now, but I better tell Blossom." Dawn said as she grabbed the bucket beside the fireplace and dumped the water inside of it over the fire. This concerned Celia a bit, she didn't like fire and was now worried about something fire related destroying everything she knew.