Chapter 2

It was the next day, which was another nice, warm, and sunny late August day. Rowan and Harley were chasing each other up and down the valley again, Hannah was tending the garden, and Roscuroe was inside cleaning and rearranging things. Celia sat outside on the same spot she was yesterday, gazing upon the flat fields on the other side of the valley and the river down below. There was some forest by the river that went alongside the river and got thicker near Taylor. As Celia dozed off, her brother, who was wearing his green sweater and outfit instead of his usual blue one, ran up to her and asked "Hey Celia, do you want to go to the river with us?"
"Does mom or dad know you want to go? The river is dangerous, y'know." Celia responded with a question. Rowan stood up with an angry expression and replied "Uncle Harley knows."
"You can go, just stay with Harley." Hannah told them from the garden, which was on the other side of the burrow.
"Mom said yes, so let's go!" Rowan exclaimed as he ran back down the valley towards the river on all fours with Harley.
"Celia, you can go too." Hannah told Celia as she stood up and grumbled. She walked down the valley and down towards the river, she didn't have the same energy as Rowan and Harley. Once she managed to catch up to Harley and Rowan, they were throwing things in the water and mocking the sounds they made.
"I like the part when it goes sploosh!" Rowan exclaimed, jumping up and down.
"I know right? That's the best part!" Harley agreed with Rowan as he threw a large stone in. Rowan laughed again as it hit the water and splashed them. Celia decided to join and threw a small rock in. Suddenly, Harley and Rowan turned to stare at Celia with blank expressions.
"That was a pathetic sploosh." Rowan told Celia as they both turned back around to face the water. Celia shrugged her shoulders and responded "Gee, sorry."
After a while of just throwing stones in the water, Harley grabbed Rowan, who wasn't much shorter than Harley, and tossed him in the water before throwing himself in as well. Celia was too afraid to go in but was prepared to rescue them. They swam around in the calm area for a bit, splashing each other and diving underwater. After a bit, only Harley resurfaced, and when he did he quickly looked around with a panicked look on his face.
"ROWAN!" He shouted as Celia started to worry as well. Harley swam out closer to the current as Rowan resurfaced a bit downstream and cried "PLEASE HELP ME!"
Harley quickly swam back to shore and Celia lifted herself into the air, following her brother along the river, waiting for a good spot to grab him.
"ROWAN! SWIM TOWARDS THE SHORE IF YOU CAN!" Harley called out to Rowan as he was beginning to struggle to keep his head above the water. Before he went under again, Celia quickly grabbed him and lifted him up a bit, he was too heavy for her to bring him to shore. Harley continued to run along the shore with them. Celia continued to hold onto Rowan as he tried to desperately escape the current, flapping her wings against the wind to possibly gain more lift. Suddenly Rowan was pulled under again, bringing Celia down with him. When she and Rowan resurfaced again, Rowan grabbed onto Celia as she spread her wings on the surface to keep her afloat. Harley was still following them, but was beginning to slow down. Suddenly he stopped, turned around, and ran back towards the burrow.
"I DON'T WANNA DIE!" Rowan cried again as Celia watched Harley disappear. She assumed he was going to get help. In the meantime, Celia knew that she had to get herself and Rowan out of the water as Lizens weren't meant to be aquatic. She used her wings, arms, and legs to launch herself closer to shore, but it did not work, the current was too strong and too quick. Celia was then pulled back under the water again by the current and felt a sudden pain in her head as her vision faded to black.