Chapter 6

The blue Lizen, or Blue, led Celia and Rowan to a strange village that consisted of Lizen architecture, which was just dirt huts and burrows but with doors. Everyone there had the same collar as Blue and all had the same blank expression as her. As she walked through the strip of the village, the other Lizens stopped what they were doing and all stared at Celia and Rowan, which made Celia shiver a bit. She didn't like how they were staring at them, it looked like they were staring straight into their souls. At the end of the village strip, there was a big burrow hut that also had a door. Blue kicked it open and announced "Master Walter, I have brought you trespassers."
Still holding onto Celia and Rowan tightly, Blue violently lead them inside, closing the door behind her and heading down the steps into a red-lit room with a orange Lizen sitting in a chair facing the wall that had a map of northern British Columbia and Alberta on it. The map had many 'X' marks with circles around them on it. He slowly turned around in his chair as Blue let go of Celia and Rowan and shoved them towards the orange Lizen. He was mostly orange with a lighter underbelly, darker mane, long fangs like Hannah, was wearing a white lab coat with blue clothing underneath, and had the right side of his face melted. Celia assumed that he was Master Walter, and for some reason Celia recognized him.
"Hmm, children, I see no use for them here other than for Talon to have someone to play with." Walter told Blue as he pulled out a remote from his coat pocket.
Talon? Who's Talon? Celia asked herself in her thoughts.
"Wait," Walter began as he leaned forward to get a closer look at the two.
"I recognize you both, I know you two from somewhere." Walter continued before asking "Were you in Edmonton five years ago?"
"No, we weren't alive when it happened, but our parents were, they started it." Rowan replied instantly as Celia glared at him, concerned that Walter was the Lizen that Roscuroe had told her about. Walter then leaned back in his chair and asked "Then who are your parents?" Walter asked them both again.
"Our dad is Roscuroe and our mom is Hannah." Rowan replied again as Celia elbowed him. Walter then had a surprised look that turned into an angry one.
"So, you two are the offspring of those traitors. I guess you two do have more of a use to me than I originally thought." Walter said as he put the remote back in his coat pocket. Celia glared at Rowan again, who lowered his ears in response.
"Blue, put these two in the cells. I will interrogate them later." Walter commanded Blue, who immediately grabbed them again and lead them into a different room that was down a dimly lit hallway from where Walter was. They then entered a room with two cells facing each other on opposite sides of the room. Blue opened one of the cell doors and threw Celia inside, locking the door behind her and throwing Rowan in the other one. Blue then left the room, not looking back at them as Rowan begged for her to let them out.
"Nice going, you've gone and revealed too much!" Celia angrily exclaimed.
"Gee, sorry!" Rowan replied in an angry tone. They then heard fast footsteps as a small Lizen entered the room. From what Celia could see, he was a young and small Lizen who was orange with hints of light blue, blue eyes, and had long fangs like Walter. He was wearing a similar outfit to Walter's.
"Hmm, dad got some new prisoners for me to harass? Oh how kind of he." The young Lizen said with a smile.
"Who are you?" Rowan asked the young Lizen.
"I am Talon! The son of Master Walter! And you two are the children of traitor Roscuroe!" The young Lizen replied as he pointed at Rowan and stared at Celia.
"How is our father a traitor?" Celia asked Talon. He glared at Celia and put his arm down.
"Roscuroe believed that we should be equal to humans, and destroyed everything my dad worked for to achieve that! He betrayed his own kind, who weren't supposed to be like the humans!" Talon explained angrily to Celia.
"My father never betrayed his own kind. What has Walter told you?" Celia asked Talon as he approached her cell door and sat down in front of her.
"He had many Lizens killed along with humans, he destroyed the Rehab in Edmonton, his friend tried to kill my dad, his girlfriend kept resisting my dad's mind control, and he made society the way it is now." Talon further explained to Celia, keeping count on his fingers each time he made a point.
"That isn't true! My father wasn't responsible for the deaths, it was your father who set fire to the Rehab, your father tried to kill Harley, Harley was just defending himself, and my mother is stronger than he thinks." Celia explained to Talon as he frowned again.
"Your mom was supposed to be my mom! If she was I would be red!" Talon exclaimed again. Celia was confused, Hannah never mentioned anything that Walter had did to her under mind control, but now she realized that it wasn't a comfortable subject.
"My mom is Blue, and she gave me these ugly colours. Orange isn't supposed to go with blue." Talon then added with a somewhat calmer one of voice. He then stood up and stared at Rowan.
"Also, I don't mean to break it to you, but Roscuroe isn't your real dad and Hannah isn't your real mom." Talon told Rowan with a smile before leaving the room with his head up and tail swaying as he walked. Rowan then stared at Celia, who couldn't tell if Talon was being serious about that or not.
"He's lying! He's got to be lying! Right?" Rowan exclaimed and asked Celia desperately. Celia thought for a bit, it would explain the double tail and the fact that he was grey and green with two small horns on his head. He did look somewhat like Harley, though.
"I don't know, Rowan, I'm sorry." Celia responded as Rowan sat down in a corner and whined. Celia then believed that Rowan was adopted, and he was indeed adopted. Rowan was inside the egg that Roscuroe had been told to take care off moments before his mother was killed. Rowan's biological parents were dead, and Roscuroe didn't ever plan on telling Rowan that.