Chapter 1

"I'm back with groceries!" Hannah announced as she entered the burrow with two plastic bags full of stuff.
"Celia, Rowan, go help your mother please." Roscuroe told Celia and Rowan. Celia was doodling things on some paper on the table while Rowan was playing with some toy dinosaurs on the floor. Celia was like Roscuroe mostly, but with wings and was purple with blue eyes. She was a feather mane still, but had wings as well, and she didn't know if she was a sorcerer or not.
"No, it's fine, I can handle it." Hannah told Roscuroe as she hurried into their little kitchen and started putting the food away. After Hannah was done, Harley came out of his room, opened the cooler, and took another can of soda.
"Harley! That's your seventh one today and it is just past noon!" Roscuroe exclaimed as Harley stopped in his tracks and stared at him.
"What? Uncle Harley can do what he wants." Harley said to Roscuroe as he opened the can and took a sip. Celia found it funny whenever Harley would argue with her father, Harley's points were the best.
"Yeah, whatever, but that isn't very healthy for you unless you plan on running a lot sometime today." Roscuroe responded to Harley as Harley placed down his can.
"Roscuroe, Harley, please stop." Hannah begged Roscuroe as Harley exclaimed "Are you calling me fat ya twig with feathers?!"
"Harley! No! Don't start!" Roscuroe demanded Harley, but Harley continued with "Come on, fight me, I bet you can take me since I'm just a tiny little crispy baby Lizen."
Harley readied his fists as Roscuroe facepalmed and Rowan laughed, Celia was trying not to. This was the first time Harley referred to himself as 'crispy baby Lizen', usually it was 'Uncle Harley' or 'Rotisserie Chicken'. Of course, whenever he referred to himself as 'Rotisserie Chicken' he was talking about his burnt side of his face, arm, and foot. Hannah wandered over to Harley, who was jumping a bit off the ground and saying "Come on, fight me Roscuroe."
Hannah picked Harley up and took him outside and told him to run down to the river and back.
"He's lucky we don't charge him rent." Roscuroe muttered to himself as he picked up his soda can and started drinking from it. Celia then continued to draw, she was drawing what she believed happened in Edmonton five years ago, based on what Harley and Roscuroe told her. She was fascinated by the events of the second Great Lizen War and was proud of the fact that her parents started it. As Hannah walked back in, Harley dashed inside ahead of her on all fours and tackled Roscuroe, making him fall to the floor. Rowan started laughing again as Harley dashed out the entrance again, Rowan following him on all fours as well.
"Well, he gets Rowan outside." Roscuroe said as he stood back up.
"Yeah, he is a lot like him too." Celia said as she continued to add to her drawing. After a few moments, Rowan ran back and shouted "JAX IS HERE FOR YOU DAD!"
Celia suddenly glanced up and got out of her chair, wanting to see Jax. She turned the corner to see the entrance and saw Jax standing there. Roscuroe headed towards him and greeted him by saying "Hey Jax, it's been a while!"
"You still owe me food and that's what I am here for!" Jax exclaimed as he ruffled his feathers.
"So you came all this way to demand food from me that I promised five years ago?" Roscuroe asked Jax.
"Yes, I never forget those kind of things." Jax replied as Hannah gave Roscuroe a package of Oreos. Roscuroe handed the package to Jax as he grabbed it with his mouth, got down on all fours, and ran off, possibly chasing Rowan and Harley.
"Why do I know these Lizens?" Roscuroe asked Hannah as he headed back inside.
"You found Jax in the woods, Harley bit Jax, and Max showed up the next day." Hannah answered Roscuroe's question as Celia went outside to watch Harley and Rowan chase each other around while Jax ran off with the Oreos in the distance heading towards the bridge. Celia sat down beside the entrance and watched them with no interest in joining. Instead, she flexed her wings a little and let the breeze blow gently on her feathers. It was a beautiful late August afternoon, and Celia wanted to enjoy it.