Chapter 21

Celia kept trying to use the spear to tear off Harley's collar, but Harley kept tackling Celia and trying to use his energy orb on her. Celia had no experience with fighting, but discovered that she was better at it than her brother. She would fly into the air to dodge Harley and swoop down at him with the spear. She didn't want to hurt him as it wasn't his fault he was doing this. Though, Celia wondered why he was with Walter and not just in the woods somewhere. It made Celia question his loyalty. Rowan kept trying to hold Harley down, but he would immediately stand back up again and try to slash at Rowan. Celia was doing her best to distract him from Rowan, but he was focused on Rowan. Eventually, Harley lost interest in fighting Rowan and focused his attention on Celia. He leaped into the air and bit onto her spear, snapping it in half. This made it more convenient for her as a smaller spear was easier for her to wield. Celia swooped back down at Harley as he tried to chase Rowan again, grabbing onto him and holding him down to the ground. She held onto his collar as he struggled to get back up, hissing and spitting. Celia tried to break off the collar with her spear, but it wasn't working. Then Leena threw hers, attempting to hit Harley, but was off by a bit. Harley then stared at Leena, who immediately recoiled and said "Dammit, I thought that would be a hit."
As Harley managed to wriggle free, he chased after Leena, who screamed and shouted "I'M SORRY PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!"
Before Harley could follow her back to Dawn's burrow, Celia held him back down again as Rowan retreated back, he was done with the fight and already had some injuries from Harley. She tried again at breaking his collar, but before she could, something knocked her off of Harley and caused a bunch of pain on the side of her head. Harley got back up and crawled towards Celia with his horns charging up as Walter walked towards her.
"You are a lot like your grandmother, except she was a sorcerer and not a feather mane." Walter spoke as Harley readied an energy orb. Celia tried to crawl back and escape, but she was blocked by the forest with the fire that was approaching her.
"You have the same name as well." Walter pointed out as Harley was ready to fire his energy orb at Celia.
"Harley! This isn't you! Please don't do this! It's me, Celia! You would never hurt me!" Celia exclaimed to Harley, trying to see if she could get him off of the mind control that way. Walter laughed and whistled again. After he whistled, Harley stopped his energy orb from firing.
"Your father thought that method would work on the Lizens in Edmonton, I can see the resemblance now." Walter told Celia as she saw Roscuroe approaching him from behind. He grabbed Walter by the neck and attempted to slice his throat with the spear blade that Celia had dropped, but before he could Walter grabbed his arm and pulled him down to the ground again. Walter then grabbed the spear blade that Roscuroe was using and stared at him with a big grin on his face.
"How convenient, it's going to be your mother's death all over again. Except it's you and you die in front of your daughter." Walter said as he kneeled down with the spear over Roscuroe's neck. He stood back up and grabbed Harley, aiming him at Walter. Celia stood up with Roscuroe and stood behind him.
"Harley, fire!" Roscuroe exclaimed before immediately realizing "Oh wait, you are on mind control."
Harley wriggled free from his grasp and bit down on his muzzle before charging up his horns again. Once Harley leaped off of Roscuroe, Celia tried to grab the spear blade from Walter, but he threw her back to the ground and quickly jabbed it into Roscuroe's side when he wasn't paying attention. Roscuroe's face immediately lit up in shock before falling to the ground with his hands over where Walter stabbed him.
"Well, I'll be back later to see if you are dead. Don't worry, I'll take good care of Hannah and the children." Walter told Roscuroe before laughing and running back towards where most of the fighting was happening.
"Father! You're going to be okay! Right?" Celia exclaimed and asked, her body shaking as she started breathing rapidly.
"I'll be fine, he didn't cut me that deep, I hope." Roscuroe responded, his voice muffled a bit through his teeth as he didn't want to open his mouth.
"Please don't die!" Celia cried as she hugged her father.
"I promise, I won't. Go defend your mother, I have a feeling she's in trouble." Roscuroe told Celia as she let go of him.
"But I want to stay with you!" Celia exclaimed.
"Don't worry about me, go to Hannah!" Roscuroe exclaimed back as he tried to stand back up again.
"But father-" Celia began before getting cut off by Roscuroe "Please go help Hannah! I will be fine!"
Celia didn't say another word, instead, she listened to her father. She lifted herself back up in the air and spotted her mother. She was trying to defend herself from three of Walter's Lizens as Walter was approaching with Harley.