Chapter 10

Leena had hidden Celia and Rowan in a nearby bush with her as they watched these Lizens attempt to raid the village. These Lizens were more feral, wore little clothing, and had spears, bows, and daggers as weapons. Celia began feeling upset that the tribal Lizens weren't winning, she wanted them to win. As she watched, she saw someone she recognized wearing one of the collars. As Celia continued to watch that specific Lizen, she realized that it was Harley. He was fighting against the tribal Lizens up until one snapped the collar off of him.
"HARLEY!" Celia called out to Harley as he sat down on the ground with his hand over his forehead. Celia ran out of the bush to meet him as Leena tried to stop her. She ended up having Rowan and Leena follow her out.
"Celia! Rowan! You two are still alive! Thank the saints!" Harley kept exclaiming as his face lit up upon their arrival. Then he turned to see Leena and his smile turned into a frown.
"You better not have harmed them in any way." Harley told Leena as she stood up.
"I swear I didn't, this collar has no effect on me." Leena told Harley in response as one of the tribal Lizens shouted "BLOSSOM-TRIBE RETREAT!"
They watched as they all started running away and back into the bushes, Harley stood up and started to follow them as Walter's Lizens were gaining up on them. Celia didn't think twice before she ran after Harley, she trusted Harley more than anyone, except her parents, she trusted them more. Celia looked behind her to see if Rowan was following and he was, along with Leena, who wasn't very fast, but Walter's Lizens stopped chasing them. Celia hoped these Lizens wouldn't treat them the same way Walter did, or tried to. After a while, they all slowed down and who Celia assumed was their leader looked around at the crowd following him and looked directly at Celia. His scales were a metallic bronze and his mane and underbelly was as white as the snow.
"Hey, who are you four?" He asked as he approached them.
"I am Harley, these are my niece and nephew, and I don't know who the human is." Harley replied to the bronze Lizen. The bronze Lizen got a closer look at Leena, who was looking a little nervous. He then looked at her collar, grabbed it, and snapped it in half.
"Oh, thank you so much, it had no effect on me but thank you!" Leena thanked the bronze Lizen as he continued to look at her. He then looked at Celia and Rowan, saying nothing. He then turned back around and said "We will see what Blossom has to say, but for now, you can stay with us."
Before he was back at the front of the crowd, he turned around and told them "I'm watching you four though, so don't try anything."
As he started walking again, everyone stopped staring at them and followed him.
"I think he's nice." Rowan commented on the bronze Lizen after a few minutes of silence.
"It's good that you look on the bright sides of things." Leena told Rowan as he smiled. It was silent again for another few minutes when they arrived in this clearing in the forest that was covered by tree branches and leaves from the surrounding trees. There was a big stone on one side that had a white and light pink midget Lizen with a purple mane and eyes sitting on it while other Lizens sat around in the shade making things. The light pink midget Lizen looked like a feather mane, had a jagged jaw, four ears, wore headfeathers made from bird feathers, and wore animal hide clothing that only covered her chest and waist.
"Sparrow, you are back, and successful I take it." The light pink Lizen said to the bronze Lizen as his crowd spread apart into different areas of the clearing, except for two who had Talon and Blue for some reason. Celia never noticed because they were so quiet and up at the front while Celia was at the back.
"Yes Blossom, and four I assume captured Lizens decided to follow us here." Sparrow responded to the light pink Lizen as she shifted her glance onto Celia, Rowan, Harley, and Leena.
"They better not be spies, we cannot afford to have that happen again." The light pink Lizen, who Celia assumed was Blossom, said with a unenthusiastic voice and a scowl.
"I can assure you that we are not. I was just trying to bring these two home but we were all captured by Walter." Harley told Blossom in a desperate attempt to gain her trust, but Blossom wasn't really buying it.
"What about the human? What do you have to do with any of this?" Blossom asked Leena.
"I was also held captive by Walter, but his mind control didn't work on me, though his tracking devices did." Leena replied as Blossom's face lit up in surprise.
"You better not still have that device on you!" Blossom exclaimed as she stood up.
"No, I don't have it anymore, the bronze and white Lizen destroyed it for me." Leena told Blossom as she began to calm down. She nodded and turned to Sparrow and asked "These two don't have any either?"
"Nope, all destroyed." Sparrow replied to Blossom as the two Lizens holding them let go of them.
"You can let them speak now, untie the ropes." Blossom told them as they untied the ropes around their muzzles and hands.
"WHY DID YOU DO THAT!? YOU LIZENS ARE MEAN!" Talon immediately shouted at Blossom as he looked around and saw Celia. Blue remained silent, like she was in trouble and would be punished for speaking.
"Tie the rope back on that one." Blossom ordered as they held Talon's jaw shut again.
"That's a bit mean, don't you think?" Celia asked Blossom as she started to reconsider. After a few moments, she then ordered "Sparrow, let the kid speak."
Sparrow then let go of Talon, but he surprisingly was silent.
"Alright, you four may stay, but that doesn't mean you are one of us. I don't know if I can trust you yet." Blossom told the four of them as Celia started to feel more safe. She knew that this Lizen tribe could be trusted and would keep her safe, for now.