Chapter 14

While everyone was gathered around the tall rock that Blossom was usually perched on, Celia stayed with Leena and Dawn, making sure she was okay. After several minutes of tribe-wide discussion and planning, two strange grey Lizens who looked identical to each other entered the clearing with dead expressions. They both were generic Lizens who had a grey colour scheme with matching natural patterns and red eyes. Everyone turned to stare at them as Dawn whispered "That's him."
If Walter was confronting us, why would he send his slaves? Celia asked herself as she watched the two twins approach Blossom, who had all her ears folded back and shot them a disgusted look.
"We come on the behalf of Master Walter, and we demand you hand over the children, human, and midget." One of the twin Lizens spoke with a monotone voice. As Celia continued to watch, she noticed their collars' light was glowing blue instead of red and there was some kind of electricity pulsing in their veins. Blossom stood up on her rock and stared down on them, asking "How did you find us?"
"We followed your scent and footprints, it's easy to spot through the mud." The other twin answered as the twin demanded "Give us Talon, Celia, Rowan, Harley, and Leena, then we will leave you guys alone."
"What if I don't?" Blossom asked them again but with a more of a worried expression.
"Then face the wrath of Master Walter himself." The twin replied as his eyes went blank and he shouted "JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN CHILDREN AND HUMAN YOU FERAL RAT!"
"You don't scare me, Walter, because as soon as those collars break they no longer serve you." Blossom told the twin with completely white eyes.
"Well, now I've upgraded them to make sure the collars are less fragile and more effective." The twin spoke, each word began starting to sound more and more like Walter's way of speaking.
"You still don't scare me, so bring it on. Besides, don't you want Blue back as well?" Blossom asked the twins again.
"Blue has already served her purpose to me, so she's useless to me now." The twin replied to Blossom as Celia noticed Blue in the crowd. Her ears lowered and she grabbed onto her other arm while staring at the ground. Celia felt bad for her, she was pretty but was only used for giving Walter a child, like what he tried to do with her mother.
"Whatever, I am not giving you the Lizens you want as I can't just give up tribe members so easily. Now, come back when you are ready to face me in your physical form." Blossom told the twins as they glared at Blossom and turned around. The twin then exclaimed "You will come to regret this day!"
Celia hid behind Dawn with Rowan and Leena while Harley was ready to fight if they turned and looked at them, and they did. They then turned their heads back around to face Blossom and they both said at once "Hidden in plain sight."
"You aren't getting away with this, Walter." Blossom said as she ordered her tribe members to attack the twins. Dawn protected Celia, Rowan, and Leena while Harley stood in a readied position in front of Dawn to protect her as they watched as some of the tribe Lizens attempted to break the collars on the twins, but they fought back fiercely and managed to escape. As they ran, Blossom ordered everyone to not follow as it was too much of a risk.
"They found us." Rowan stated.
"Yeah, thanks for the information." Celia responded to Rowan with a sarcastic tone. Dawn turned around with a scared look on her face and said "You four are no longer safe here, you need to return home."
"We aren't safe there either as Walter knows the location and that is his main target." Rowan told Dawn in response immediately.
"We need to let our parents know what's happening though." Celia added.
"You know where they live, right?" Dawn asked Rowan and Celia.
"They live on the opposite side of the river from Taylor in a burrow, you can see the bridge from it. It is also near a small forest and across the road from the campground." Rowan described their home to Dawn as she called Peregrine over.
"If you haven't met him already, this is Peregrine, he can fly very fast just like a falcon." Dawn introduced Peregrine to everyone.
"Leena, do you know where your parents are?" Dawn asked Leena.
"Yes, but I highly doubt they would listen to a winged Lizen who says that I am in danger, they probably think I am dead." Leena answered Dawn's question.
"Alright, Peregrine, you heard what Rowan said, yes?" Dawn asked Peregrine as he quickly responded "Yes, I overheard. I know their location. I shall go now."
With a few flaps of his wings, he was in the air and flew off, heading towards Celia, Rowan, and Harley's home, hoping to inform their parents of their children's location and to maybe bring them to their children.