18

-In the classroom-

I listened to the lesson trying not to fall asleep while writing down some notes. So little was missing to finish everything. It was a period of exams, and this subject, history, was one of the subjects in which I still had to give the final exam.

The teacher finished drawing the outline of the lesson on the blackboard. She turned to the classroom, resting her hands on the desk 《guys, I want you to do a project for the final exam.》

Ah well, I can do it.

《About any historical period you want, but in groups of two.》

I snort mentally. I hate group projects.

The teacher began to say some names creating the groups, she chose them randomlly《y / n ...》 I raise my head, listening 《you will go with ... 》she pauses, I felt the anxiety increase.

《With Jackson.》

Shit.

I turn to Jackson, he had changed places to sit after that day, he wanted to stay as far away from me as possible. He was visibly irritated. It can't get any worse ...

《You'll have to finish it by this weekend.》 Great. A lament from everyone could be heard in the class.

The lesson was over and everyone gets out of the class, I see Jackson in the corridor, I take courage and I approach him.

I take a big breath of air and call him 《Jackson》 he turns around, puffing. Well, an amazing start.

《We should talk about the project ...》 I play nervously with my fingers 《choose the topic an-》

《Do you have a computer?》 He interrupts me. I nod.

《Ok. Bring it to the practice room, I'll see you there at 8.》 I smile at him spontaneously, nodding.

I thought he would reciprocate with a smile, as he always did. But instead he addresses me with a cold look. And he goes away without saying anything else.

[...]

I was at the practice room, but Jackson was late. Maybe he did it on purpose, would he be able to not come? In the end he wasn't even coming for punishment ...

I decide to wait a little longer, until I see him enter listless using his phone. Finally.

He sits next to me, without saying anything, on the couch, but the atmosphere was awkward. There was silence and neither of us knew how to start talking.

The tension was palpable, anxiety and the nervous was taking over. But I was tired of this situation.

《We have to solve this awkward  situation.》 I decide to break the ice.

《It took you a long time to realize it.》he said sarcastically.

《Listen ... I'm sorry.》

《For what? For using me? Or for not trying to solve?》

《I didn't know what to tell you ...》

《 I don't know, maybe give me explanations?》 He continues with the  sarcastically tone.

《I was too, no,  I am too embarrassed and ashamed, for what I did. I didn't know how to approach you.》I tried to explain him, hoping he would believe me. It's the truth.

He chuckles in exasperation 《It's always better than ignoring me and pretending  nothing happened! It's not that hard to talk to me, Y/n》 he stares at me, waiting for a reaction from me. But I say nothing.