I - IX:「The Memory Lane」

Start from the beginning

Why am I so full of grief? Why do I feel so guilty?

Why do I feel... so angry and frustrated?

"Tsk, tsk." I shot my head up as I heard someone clicking their tongue in a playful way.

My vision was already blurry from all of the tears I've shed for my brother for the last few minutes but I know that's not enough for me to not see the appearance of the person who's walking right towards me.

And yet that's what's happening right now; the figure that's walking right in front of me is nothing more than a black, misty creature with bright white eyes.

They seemed like they were a ghost or some messed up dementor with intelligence yet my gut told me that it's not something like that.

"See, (Y/N)," The figure spoke with a mocking tone. My anger elevated and I wanted them to die a horrible painful death.

"That's what happens when someone gets in my way." They said and I narrowed my eyes even more, I wanted to shout at this asshole but I couldn't.

Something in me tells me that I can't say anything or shouldn't even say anything at this point.

"Now, don't look at me that way." The sad tone of the figure made me feel like I was being played at and I hated it.

It showed that they weren't taking me seriously.

"That was merely the consequence that I had to give to your brother for trying to take me away from you!" They chuckled, raising their arms up like some kind of a messed up dictator.

I grit my teeth and stood up, dashing towards the figure with my fists balled and arms raised.

"You fucking bastard!" I shouted and attempted to throw a punch right at their face except they caught my fist with their hand easily.

Damn it, am I really that weak when it comes to physical strength?

"That's not very nice, you know?" They pouted, pulling me towards them and keeping me close to their disgusting... misty dementor-like body, their arms wrapped around my waist as if they didn't want to let me go.

I struggled, not wanting to be closer to this psychopath that killed my brother.

I slapped their chest so they can let me go but they wouldn't even budge or show a reaction.

"Hey, (Y/N)," They said, not paying attention to any of my futile attempts of escaping his grasp.

"Those who interfere with our happy ending," I felt fingers running through my hair slowly as if they were admiring my hair and taking their sweet time with it.

I shut my eyes tightly, crying once more but this time, out of hopelessness.

"One by one, let's make a toy out of them."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

I gasped once more, jolting out of my bed and reaching out into the distance with

wide teary eyes. My parted lips quivered in fear and it took me a while to process my actions.

My breathing wasn't normal, it's almost like I was hyperventilating.

My vision was starting to get blurry but it wasn't until I felt another hand placing itself on top of my other hand that I started to calm down and let myself return to my normal breathing patterns.

Casting my eyes towards the person that laid their hands on mine, my relief grew and my tears almost started coming back but I held them back in with a gulp.