Prologue

Let me start off by saying, I'm a lucky kid---- Lucky in certain ways. To someone from the outside, it might look like I have the perfect life. Perfect scores in school. I have a roof over my head. Brown bagged lunches. I had quality friends over quantity. I've lived in the same house I was brought home to from escaping my mothers uterus.

I try to stay positive about my life even though, personally, privately, my life was anything but idealic. The brown bagged lunches were staged.

January

February

March

April

May

I was always a good kid, a reliable one. I cared about people and I tried my very best to believe in the good of everybody.

I believed that people who made mistakes, would be the one to recognize their faults and do anything they could to fix them.

I believed in him.

 My first year in Highschool, I had goals.  If you ask most freshman they'd tell you their goal for grade 8 is to do well  and enjoy the newness of being a high school student.  Ask me, and I would have told you that doing well in school was important, but not nearly as important as getting Derek back. 

3 years ago he started highschool at Parkland Secondary and our friendship changed. He traded me for new friends and popularity.

My plan was to get him back.

All I wanted is our friendship back.

I figured when I came to high school  we'd almost be forced to talk and work things out. I mean---where could he possibly hide from me?(says my naive brain!)

I didn't expect another year would pass and we'd still be at square one.

October 10, 2014

Dear Derek,

Remember when I slapped you yesterday and said 'Mosquito?' There wasn't one. I just really, really wanted to slap you.

Kahlia