Chapter 32

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

A knock at the bedroom door startled me and I turned to see the knob slowly turn. I watched as the door eased open and Derek's face came into sight.

"How you feelin?'"

"I'm still sick so pretty gross." I pressed the back of my hand on my forehead. "Your room should be quarantined."

A sheepish grin tugged on his lips. "Get me sick, I've got a test tomorrow." He closed the door behind him then moved to sit on the edge of the bed. "You called work?"

"Big Steve wasn't happy but what can you do." I sat up in the bed, criss-crossed. "Did Hayden bring my homework?"

"I got it." Derek took off his back pack and opened the zipper. "You have some readin' in Science." He took out the science textbook from his bag and opened up to Chapter 5. "Read to the end of the chapter."

I coughed to clear my throat. "That's all?"

"That's what he said." Derek handed me the text book which I settled in my lap. "They were watchin' a movie half the class."

"Good because I was worried I was missing something important."

"Picked a good day to get sick." Derek put his backpack on the ground then stretched out on the foot off the bed. "Feels nice to skip practice."

"Wait, what? Your missing practice?" I felt guilty because he was here instead of on the field.

"I'd rather be here."  Derek sat back up.

"You don't want to get this. Just stay away until I'm better."

"Hey, I said I wanna get sick."

I grabbed one of the pillows from behind my head and hit him in the face.

"Ha!" Derek retaliated by grabbing me around the waist, pushing aside the textbook in my lap. He tickled my side, and I jerked away laughing, that's when he pulls me against him. A warmth radiated down to the tips of my toes.

Derek cocked an eyebrow at me and lowered his head until his lips were very close to mine. "You and me, in bed all day. C'mon let's make it happen."