Chapter 36

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

"See that flower? That flower was in a small pot in my living room but it outgrew it's surroundings. So I transplanted it here in the garden. Now when I pulled it out of the small pot in my living room, it resisted a little. It tried to hang on by its roots. I had to force it out." -Mr. Feeny
"Because you thought it would do better out there in the world right?" -Cory Matthews
"No because I thought if I left it there it would stop growing." -Mr. Feeny

Sam and her sister planned a little girls day out. They made reservations to the Little White House And Co for high tea in Fort Langley. They've been there before they said and liked that they were able to dress like The Little House On The Prairie girls. I guess dressing up in poofy dresses with turtle necks is appealing to them. I did not understand the appeal and I sure didn't like the large floppy hats either.

I picked a flimsy yellow hat with long feathers  dangling from the side. They provide the hats and outfits if you decide to get into the spirit.

I reluctantly followed the girls lead.

A waitress arrived to take our orders. "What can I get for you lovely darlings?" She didn't look older then 20 something but she had the old 'lingo' down. I was waiting for her to say 'old sport" like Jay Gatsby.

Sam grinned. She was way into it. "Chia latte, oh, and  two croissants please."

"I'll have an Earl Grey tea and regular pancakes."  Jess chimed in.

"I guess I'll have a regular tea."

The waitress wrote down our orders and left with a smile on her face. I bet she leaves work with a sore face from all that smiling.

"Oeo isn't this great!" Sam said excitedly. "I feel so sophisticated with these white gloves."

"We could have gone for burger and fries, Sam. I'd be a lot happier."

"Come on, It's something different for us to try. Don't we want to be more adventurous? I'm graduating soon and what kind of fun stories do I have to share?" asked Jess.

Sam's sister had a fulfilling high school experience, I have no idea what she's talking about. She's been invited to all the cool parties. She's planned some really fun events involving sumo wrestling costumes and hypnosis. She's had her share of relationships--no forever kind of love but still. Jess has been involved in some of the steamiest, most memorable rumors of her year and she was never one to get emotional about it. This girl had an ideal high school experience. What more adventure could she possibly want?

I rolled my eyes. "Is this your weird way of telling us you want to leave high school with a bang? Wasn't the rumor about Bobby Beckers using a Doritos bag as a condom during sex enough?"

"I want to be remembered, Kahlia. Is that so wrong?"

"Sis, why would you want to top the Doritos bag condom fail? That was awesome."

Jess crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm sure I'm not the only 12th grader wishing to have one last big story. I bet Derek's planning something too."