Chapter 43: A Close Victory

A/N: Sorry for waiting! I'm done with finals! Hooray! Enjoy the chapter!

The tournament took a day break to ensure that all competitors would be rested enough to have a fair fight.

Since there was three people left (Xiao Bao, Xiao Xiaoyao, and Xiao Yu), they drew sticks one last time to see who would match up against who.

Xiao Bao and Xiao Yu both drew a stick that had 1 on it while Xiaoyao drew a blank one. The three were confused until it was explained that Xiao Bao would face Xiao Yu while Xiaoyao would face the winner of that match.

Xiaoyao sat on the bench and watched as Xiao Bao and Xiao Yu walked up to the stage.

"Good luck, you two!" She called out.

Xiao Bao pouted. "Sister, shouldn't you be cheering for me only?"

Xiaoyao grinned at this. "Yes, yes, yes. Of course, my precious little brother!"

Xiao Yu smiled at their interaction as he did his complimentary salute at Xiao Bao. Xiao Bao returned the greetings and the match officially began.

Xiao Bao originally thought this wouldn't be too hard of a match. However, he was proven just how wrong he was with the first clash of swords with Xiao Yu.

Xiao Yu had broken through and was around the same level of cultivation as Xiao Bao!

Instead of being worried or anxious, Xiao Bao became excited at the thought of comparing skills with someone around the same level as him.

The two's figures became a blur as they kept fighting.

Xiaoyao, sitting on the side, became a bit interested and wanted to see how Xiao Bao would handle this. Hei Lianhua was also a bit interested and the two talked a bit while the fight went on.

Every time Xiao Yu's sword was very close to hitting Xiao Bao, Xiaoyao and Hei Lianhua would both go 'Watch out!' silently as if they could telepathically communicate with Xiao Bao.

And Xiao Bao, as if he could hear their silent plea, would dodge the attack.

The crowd cheered loudly. They were excited to see such an exciting match. However, at the same time, they wondered who exactly Xiao Bao was. They originally suspected that he was a child prodigy from the Xiao Family that had been hidden away, but that didn't seem like it, seeing the way he treated Xiao Yu.

The match continued for some time.

But the two continued to be in a stalemate with no one gaining the upper hand.

Xiaoyao and Hei Lianhua were both active in commentating at this time.

Whenever Xiao Yu did an attack, Xiaoyao would praise him for the cool-looking moves.

And whenever Xiao Bao counterattacked, Hei Lianhua would say a few words.

At one point, Xiaoyao would start to sound like one of those sports commentators.

"Ohhh, and Player Xiao Bao dodges Opponent Xiao Yu's flurry of sword attacks with a magnificent twirl!"

"Xiaoyao.......what are you doing?" Hei Lianhua asked as he facepalmed.

"Commentating, of course!"

"But why do you sound......"

"Hmm?"

Sound so obnoxious....... Hei Lianhua thought to himself.

The match continued.

Both Xiao Yu and Xiao Bao were panting. They then suddenly stopped, looked at each other and smiled.

"Shall we?" Xiao Yu asked.

"We shall." Xiao Bao replied.

Both of their auras spiked.

The crowd sat in at the edge of their seats in excitement. What were they going to do?

"Oh, Ohhhhh!!! They're doing their final attacks!" Hei Lianhua exclaimed.

Xiaoyao was also excited. She wanted to see what new attacks they had in store.

Xiao Bao and Xiao Yu seemed to have made sufficient preparations.

A black light surrounded Xiao Yu's sword, while a green light enveloped Xiao Bao's sword.

"Fallen Dragon's Wrath!" Xiao Yu yelled out as he rushed forward.

"Forest's Serenity!" Xiao Bao called out with equal vigor.

The two clashed and landed on opposite sides of the ring.

Xiao Bao took a knee down, covered in blood, while Xiao Yu seemed unharmed.

"Xiao Bao!" Xiaoyao called out worriedly.

Xiao Bao locked eyes with her and smiled. Xiaoyao sighed in relief.

Xiao Yu then collapsed soon after, fast asleep.

The crowd was shocked as there were no visible injuries on Xiao Yu and yet he fainted first.

"The w-winner is Xiao Bao!" The referee called out in shock.

Xiao Bao wobbled off the stage. Xiaoyao caught him before he hit the ground and proceeded to make sure he was alright.

Xiaoyao and Hei Lianhua then started to discuss what happened.

"Oh, I understand!" Hei Lianhua exclaimed.

"What? What did you understand?" Xiaoyao asked curiously.

"I know what happened just then! It's actually pretty easy to figure out just based on the names of their final attacks."

"Huh....so, what happened?"

"Well, you see....I assume that 'Fallen Dragon's Wrath' sounds like a pretty powerful attack, no?"

"Right."

"But Xiao Bao's attack name sounded relatively peaceful. And judging by Xiao Yu's and Xiao Bao's state, it's simple to guess that their attacks had completely different effects."

"I see." Xiaoyao said with understanding. "Xiao Yu's attack was an actual attack, while Bao's attack was actually more of a debuff."

"A debuff?"

"I mean like a support ability. It won't cause any actual damage but will actually just cause the opposing to fall asleep."

"Oh."

Xiao Bao eventually woke up and sighed. "That was a close one. I almost lost."

"But you held out well. Say, how long will Xiao Yu be out?"

"So you figured it out......I thought it would take you a while longer....." Xiao Bao grumbled.

"Hm?"

"Nothing." Xiao Bao quick fixed his expression. "He'll be out for at least a day."

"Wow."

"En. It would have been longer if he had been a level lower than me."

"Huh.....well, anyway. I guess you'll be fighting me next, huh?"

"En. Make sure not to hold back."

"I won't!"

The two talked for some more. Xiao Bao changed his clothes and then sat down and to start to recover his spiritual energy.

The last and final match would be Xiaoyao versus Xiao Bao.