Chapter 28.1: So Awkward......

"Yes?"

"Xiaoyao, I have to tell you something."

"Hmm? What is it, Xiao Ye?" Xiaoyao asked.

"I- " Xuanyuan Ye was abruptly caught off guard when he tripped over his feet in nervousness.

Before Xiaoyao realized it, a tall shadow loomed over her.

"Ow!" Xiaoyao cried out as her head hit the floor.

"Eh? Ah, Xiaoyao, are you okay?" Xuanyuan Ye asked with concern.

"Y..es. What was that fo-" The expression on Xiaoyao's face froze.

"Hmm? What's wrong?" he said as he propped himself up with his hands.

It was then that Xuanyuan Ye realized the position they were in and all functions in his brain stopped.

Xiaoyao's eyes were watery and her cheeks were a bit flushed from the pain. She unconsciously bit her red lips as she looked at Xuanyuan Ye. To add on to that, there was a peculiar, but sweet smell coming from Xiaoyao. This scent made Xuanyuan Ye lose control. 

Xuanyuan Ye couldn't control his actions as he got closer and closer to her cherry-red lips. Though, before he could do anything, he was stopped by Xiaoyao, who had covered his mouth and pushed him away. 

"Xiao Ye, stop." 

But he didn't listen. That scent coming from Xiaoyao was too potent. It made him lose control.

"Xiao Ye, what's wrong? You...." Xiaoyao pulled him up and forced him to look at her.

 Once he made eye contact with Xiaoyao, her eyes widened.

This is.....damn it! I forgot!! Whenever I get nervous, my soul emits a sweet scent. How could I forget about that!! Damn it, if only I hadn't eaten that fruit from that shady looking god back then!! But, that fruit was delicious.......wait, never mind that!! Xiao Ye is still human, unless the other is a god or something similar, they won't be able to break free of this scent! But, now I'm not in my original body and using my soul power might kill him if I'm not careful. What to do?

BANG!

The door was suddenly thrust open by some unwanted visitors. It was Xiao Jin and Xiao Bao.

"Master! We heard some loud noise! What's going—"

"Sister! We heard some loud noise! What's going—"

The two said simultaneously. When they saw the situation before them, they froze.

Silence. The entire room was enveloped in a deathly silence. Xiao Jin's face was black as the bottom of a pot and Xiao Bao just stood there, floored. His mouth was so wide open, it almost reached the floor.

This was awkward. So awkward....

Xuanyuan Ye suddenly snapped out of it and hurriedly got off of Xiaoyao. The two stood up at the same time and looked away, the former with a red face.

"Uhh, I....I remembered I had something to do. Farewell!" With that, Xuanyuan Ye rushed off in a hurry, not daring to look back.

The only people left in the room now were  Xiao Jin, Xiao Bao and Xiaoyao. Xiao Bao knew that Xiao Jin was a bit pissed, so he quietly retreated from the room. By now, Xiaoyao recovered from her earlier embarrassment and coughed lightly.

"It wasn't like that."

"Oh-ho? Then what was it, Master?"

"You remember that time I accepted that fruit?"

"Yeah, what about.....oh. He was trapped?"

"Yeah."

"Sigh, Master."

"Yes?"

"You were wondering f this guy is in love with you, right? That scent only affects those who are in love with the wearer."

"Oh. I see." There was no emotion on Xiaoyao's face as she said that.

Sigh, ever since that incident, Master never wanted to love again. Xiao Jin thought.

"Mmm. Now that the misunderstanding has been cleared up, let's go home!"

"Okay."

The three headed home, but Xiaoyao was a bit absent-minded.

Xiao Ye's feelings reminded me of a past long forgotten. I can't allow the past to repeat itself. Even if I'm in a different dimension, those bastards are probably looking for an opportunity, any gap in order to use against me. Then again, Xiao Bao is also a target.....Sigh, why can't they let me live peacefully with my loved ones?  Xiaoyao's heart clenched painfully as she reminisced about her memories with Shadow.

Xiaoyao looked up into the sky. If it wasn't because of this power running through my veins, he wouldn't have......wouldn't have left me so early.

"Xiao Jin," Xiaoyao said, her voice trembling a bit. "Tell him. If he still stays after knowing, then....take care of him."

With those words, Xiaoyao went to bed without looking at anyone.

"As you wish." Xiao Jin said as he bowed to her, his heart throbbed in pain. She must have remembered those awful memories of the King.....

Xiao Bao, on the other hand, was confused. "What's going on with Sister? Is she alright?"

"Sigh, Xiao Bao, I'll tell you. She did give me her permission after all...."

"Okay." Seeing Xiao Jin's serious look sent Xiao Bao into his thoughts. Xiao Jin actually called me by my name. This must have been a painful part of Sister's life. I wonder what happened......

Xiao Jin sat Xiao Bao down and told a story of a past long forgotten by the people of the Divine Realm.

"Let's start from when she met Shadow, or the King of the Divine Realm."

King of the Divine Realm?!  Xiao Bao thought in amazement.