Chapter 5: Xiao Bao's True Power

This is troublesome. The old man frowned. He lowered his voice. "Yu'er, take the two kids out of here. Yi'er, you make sure nothing happen to them!"

"What about you, Father?" the man, Xiao Yi, questioned.

"I'll be able to hold them off for a little while. Then, I'll escape later."

"It's no use, Father. They've got us surrounded!!" The woman, Xiao Yu, said in despairingly.

"Damn it!!"

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here. We weren't expecting to find such fresh flowers[1] in the middle of the forest." the bandit leader sneered lustfully as he sized up Xiao Yu and Xiaoyao.

[1] fresh flowers - what he means are women 

Xiao Yu stepped in front of the two children and whispered, "I'll create an opening and you and the girl run! Wake the girl up, you have to run!"

"My sister got injured and hasn't woken up since. I can carry her, but what about you Miss?"

"Sigh, I'll.....be fine. You....run." With that, she swiftly used the weapon at her side to cut down some enemies and created an opening.

Out of Xiao Yu's sight, the bandit leader sneered with disdain. Xiao Bao caught this and sighed.

Looks like I can't escape without showing my power. Xiao Bao's eyes lit up with resolution. At least, these humans have some integrity, so I will save them.

"Hey Miss, please take care of my sister." Xiao Bao put Xiaoyao in Xiao Yu's arms and stepped forward.

"Huh? Boy, what are you doing? Take your sister and run!"

"No. There's no escape. That bad bald man was smiling evilly when you told me to run. There's no escape."

"Did you just call me bald?!" the bandit leader yelled angrily.

"But isn't it true?" Xiao Bao blinked innocently.

"Smelly brat, that head of yours will be removed from your body for such a disgrace!!"

The bandit leader disappeared from his spot and appeared right in front of Xiao Bao. He was too close for the others to do anything. The bandit raised his blade and slashed down.

He expected the body before him to no longer have a head. But, the scene before him wasn't as expected. Instead, he felt like he could no longer move his blade. He tried pulling it back, only to see a two slender fingers grasping his weapon without any injury. Before he could figure out what just transpired, he felt himself be tilted from side-to-side and thrown out several meters. He crashed through several tress, finally stopping and hitting a jagged rock, killing him instantly.

Everyone's jaws dropped to the ground in shock. They could not comprehend what had just happened.

"Sigh, I thought you were strong with all that talk. Turns out you were weak. So weak. Barely enough for a warm-up." Xiao Bao said lazily as he wiped his hands with some cloth, which he threw to the side in disgust. "So dirty, so dirty. Oh well, that guy should be honored that I used some effort on him."

"Why  you......!!!!" The bandits shouted.

It was then that Xiao Yu, Xiao Ye and the old man, Elder Xiao, remembered. Even they had a hard time making it this far through the mountain terrain, right before the entering the Demonic Forest. How could merely two kids survive this long if they didn't have any substantial powers?

Xiao Bao sped towards the bandits and started mercilessly killing them. But he made it seem so beautiful as the bandits had beautiful, blood red flowers sprout from their severed bodies.

Elder Xiao was the first to shake off his shock. He closely observed the aura around Xiao Bao and was completely floored.

"That....That child....." Elder Xiao stuttered.

"What's wrong, Father?" Xiao Yi asked.

This kid has the same kind of aura as Family Head! That means..... "That child is at least at the first level of the blood-refining stage!!"

The body refining stage has five stages: Outer Layer Stage, Initial Blood Refining Stage, Bone and Marrow Cleansing Stage, Meridian Stage, and Dantian Cleansing Stage. After that is the blood-refining stage which has nine stages. Each stage is exceedingly difficult to master. That's why, to this day, there are few blood-refining masters. The head of our Xiao Family is one such person!! But he only managed to reach that level at age 30!! Although he is now at the peak of the blood-refining stage.......how is it possible for such young child to be like this?

"Fa-Father.....you must be mistaken, right? This child looks like he's around five years old! How is that possible?"

"I don't know. But, remember. Do not offend this child in any way."

"Is anything wrong?" an innocent voice said out of nowhere.

"Wahh!! Don't scare me like that, kid!!"

Xiao Bao frowned. "I'm not 'kid'! My name is Xiao Bao."

"Xiao Bao? Surnamed Xiao? Just like us!"

"Is that so?"

"Yeah, me, Father and Elder Sister Yu are all from the Xiao Family! We were in the forest because we were searching for the Yang Flame Fruit! We- Ow! Father, what was that for?!" Xiao Ye exclaimed as his father mercilessly hit him on the head.

"Yang Flame Fruit? You mean this?" Xiao Bao searched inside of his bag and opened a certain case. A fiery red fruit surrounded by a vicious golden flame appeared before their eyes.

"That's what we were looking for!" Elder Xiao exclaimed.

"Can you give it to us, Young Master Xiao Bao?" Xiao Yu asked pleadingly.

"Sure. I don't need it anyway." Xiao Bao was startled internally. Why did I give it up so easily? This is odd. But I may as well try to get something out of this.......

"Thank-"

"However," he continued. "I need a temporary place to stay, along with my sister, Xiao Xiaoyao. Also, don't reveal my power level. It might get.....a bit troublesome."

Xiao Ye and Xiao Yu didn't understand, but Elder Xiao got what he meant. "Very well."

"Lead the way." Xiao Bao said.

Xiao Bao took over to carrying Xiaoyao and the five of them headed out of the mountain.