Chapter 14: The Mysterious Man

"Sister!! Wake up, wake up!!"

"........Nooo.....let me sleep......five more minutes....."

"You said the same thing an hour ago." Xiao Bao stabbed his little hands on his waist and pouted. "You leave me no choice........"

He ripped the sheets off of Xiaoyao's bed and threw them on the ground. She groaned and picked the sheets up, wrapping herself in it and ignoring Xiao Bao.

"Sigh, Sister......fine. Five more minutes."

"Mmmm."

Two hours later........

"Sister, enough is enough. GET UP!!!!!!" Xiao Bao roared.

"Fine!" Xiaoyao grumbled.

She reluctantly got ready and the two headed out to the city. The two went around and saw many stores, including the one Xiaoyao robbed the other day. She chuckled and told Xiao Bao about it.

"Little brother, see that medicine store over there." She pointed to the now dilapidated storefront and haggard store owner.

"Yeah.......what about it?"

"The shopkeeper wanted. to sell me false product, so I used the power of persuasion to have a crowd of people beat him up. After that, I stole both money and herbs from him."

"........you did what?"

"I robbed the store of the guy who wanted to cheat me."

"......." Xiao Bao was speechless.

"It was hilarious. You should have seen his expression."

"..........."

The two chatted some more and wandered the city until they were stopped by some guards.

"Do you need something?" Xiaoyao asked.

"Are you the one who saved the Third Prince?"

"Third Prince?" She then remembered that unfortunate victim of demon possession. "Well, yes. What about it? Was I not supposed to?"

The guards sucked in a deep breath. "We finally found you. Please follow us."

Xiaoyao and Xiao Bao quietly debated whether they should follow or not. They finally decided to go with the guards. After all, they didn't want to cause too much trouble. The crowd saw this and started to quietly discuss.

"Hey, aren't those the Thrid Prince's guards?"

"Third Prince?"

"Yeah. Don't you remember that lecher? He always took beautiful girls and defiled them."

"Oh, right! That girl that's being led by the guards isn't devastatingly beautiful, but she's still quite pretty. I feel bad for her."

"Yeah....."

The discussions continued. Xiao Bao closed his eyes to hide a glint in his eyes. If these bastards dared to lay a hand on his sister, I won't have any scruples and kill them on the spot.

They walked for a while before reaching the Third Prince's residence. It was a beautiful and luxurious place. However, no matter how beautiful it was, it couldn't hide the sinister and gloomy atmosphere.

Seeing this, Xiaoyao scanned her eyes over the place and found where the source of it was coming from.

Hmmm, interesting. This place was built over a graveyard. And not any graveyard, but.....an execution place. No wonder there is so much resentment and hatred emanating from here. I wonder if the Emperor actually loves his son. To give him such a residence........one can imagine the Emperor's actual feelings.