Chapter 37: A Wakeup Call

A/N: I thought I would be able to get more chapters out today, but I couldn't. However, this chapter is way longer thank normal, so it should satisfy you guys. Enjoy!

Xiao Bao turned in early to rest up for the battle the next day. He was so preoccupied with the ghosts of his past, he didn't bother to notice that the person that he was facing against was the girl who tried to capture him.

Xiaoyao and Xiao Jin followed him to rest as well.

Xiao Bao tossed for a bit before closing his eyes. The first thing he saw when he opened his eyes was a pitch black space. Nothing was there.

There's......nothing today? I'm so.....glad. I don't think I would have been able to hold on or much longer. Just as Xiao Bao thought this, several orbs of white lights appeared and surrounded him.

Within these orbs, he saw both familiar and unfamiliar memories. Seeing this, he tried to run away. The black surroundings suddenly turned into hands, chasing after him. One caught his leg, causing him to trip. More and more started to surround him and hold him in place.

Xiao Bao blinked in fear, looking for a way out. Suddenly, those orbs from before started coming closer.

No.....No! I don't want to! I don't want to! I don't want to see anything anymore. I'm done, I can't.....

The orbs, one by one, started to be absorbed into his body. The black hands started pulling him downwards, slowly seeming to swallow him whole. Xiao Bao struggled, wanting to free himself. However, little by little, he was coaxed by the soothing darkness into a deep, deep sleep.

I'm so......tired.....Wouldn't it be alright to......just let it go? With this thought, Xiao Bao stopped moving and closed his eyes, allowing the darkness to blanket him.

In the real world......

Xiaoyao and Xiao Jin woke up to a sudden spike in killing intent around them.

"It's Xiao Bao!!" Xiaoyao exclaimed.

"This brat....he actually gave in....." Xiao Jin said worriedly.

The two looked at each other and came to an understanding. They must get Xiao Bao away from the humans. Their auras are too much for him to handle.

Realistically speaking, it should be nearly impossible for Xiao Bao to have suppressed the emotions of the various souls inside him, especially around the crowd around him.

The two rushed to where Xiao Bao was. He eyes were dilated and he didn't seem to see them. Xiaoyao distracted him by making her aura a bit more humanlike, while Xiao Jin suppressed his presence in order to sneak up from behind and tie Xiao Bao up.

"Ugh! I can't hold him for long! Let's go."

Xiao Bao struggled in Xiao Jin's hold. It was getting a bit much, but luckily they trio reached a relatively secluded spot and released, or rather, he broke out of the bindings.

Xiao Bao, "........Grrrr......"

"Xiao Jin." Xiaoyao said after she cast a spell to paralyze Xiao Bao's body.

"Yes?"

"I'm going to drag Xiao Bao into the dream realm with me. take care of our bodies in the meantime."

Xiao Jin's eyes widened. "Master, but if you that, your current body may......."

"You think I would care about that?"

"........Very well."

"Also, Xiao Jin, you'll find this out when I enter the dream realm, but another soul possesses my current body."