Chapter 16: Title Below

A cage was rolled in. In it, lay a black-robed man that was injured and trapped in chains.

"This man is a cultivation expert that was found by one of our patrons. However, because of the man's disobedience, he was sold to us."

Instantly, discussions rose up in the crowd. Suddenly, someone spoke.

"Miss Jiang Ya, will that man disobey us when we buy him?"

Jiang Ya laughed lightly. She was waiting for someone to ask this. "Of course not, this guy has a slave imprint on him. All we have to do is hand him over, along with the device that controls him and all will be well."

"But what if he breaks free?" The person still wasn't convinced.

"Just look." Jiang Ya poured her energy into a black sphere. "Stand up."

The man in the cage groaned a bit, as if struggling, and stood up, despite his injuries. When the man's face was revealed to the crowd, they gasped. The man was extremely handsome. His face was carved like jade. Every feature was nearly perfect, including his body.

Xiaoyao watched from beginning to end with a frown on her face.

In her realm and in the mortal realms she visited, slavery or the selling of slaves was illegal. She too hated seeing that. So, whenever she came across those trapped people, she would devise a plan to help rescue them and punish the culprits. However, as much as Xiaoyao wanted to help the caged man, she needed to remain low-key, as this was an unfamiliar environment and her current power wasn't sufficient enough to help him.

These thoughts ran through her head. She decided to help him later after the auction with Xiao Bao's help. That was......until the moment the man revealed his face. Once she saw it, she could no longer sit still.

"Xiao Jin......." She nearly yelled. With Xiao Jin's cultivation, he should've been able to break through such a measly imprint and heal his injuries. What happened to him?

This man was her subordinate and trusted confidante that disappeared some thousand years ago. She sent out several search parties to find him, but to no avail. Now she knew why. He was in a completely different realm.

This small cry of hers was heard by him. Xiao Jin, with great difficulty, managed to slightly lift his head up towards the sound of her voice. Even though it was somewhat risky in these circumstances, he used what little power he had left to probe the aura of the one who called his name. When he did, he was shocked to no end.

"Co-Commander?" he whispered in disbelief. He just couldn't believe that his commander was actually able to come here. But thinking about it, there was nothing his commander couldn't do.

With Xiaoyao.......

"Sister, calm down! What's wrong?"

"Xiaoyao, calm down! What's wrong?"

Xiao Bao and Xuanyuan Ye said simultaneously.

"Th-That's my subordinate.......one who disappeared thou- years ago." Xiaoyao said shakily. "I sent many search parties to find him, but to no avail. Who would've thought.....he was here....."

Ah, so that's their relationship. Xuanyuan Ye thought silently to himself. Thank the gods!

"Could I help instead?" Xuanyuan Ye's smooth voice said.

"Xiao Ye? Are you sure? I don't want to bother you with my issues."

"It's fine. I have the money."

"Sigh, fine."

...........

"The starting price of this cultivator is 1,000,000 gold coins!"