I - VI: 「A Challenge of Envy」

Start from the beginning

Alem took a small step back and glanced over at Draco with a pursed lip. "Did he...?" Alem thought for a moment then shook his head, obviously finding his assumption to be ridiculous.

Without any second thoughts, Alem slowly shook (Y/N) awake.

"(Y/N), wake up." He whispered. (Y/N) stirred softly in their sleep and after a while, their eyes fluttered open. They didn't expect to see their brother first thing in the morning.

"...Is it morning already?" They slurred and moved slightly to cover themselves away from Alem.

"Sort of. I mean, the sun is almost rising." He shrugged.

"Then, let me sleep for a little longer, Alem. I don't wake up at 4 am." (Y/N) groaned and moved their hand around to find their pillow and their blanket.

But, to their surprise, their hand came in contact with something... soft and squishy...?

They immediately turned around to see what their hand came in contact with. Their eyes widened and a loud gasp escaped their lips once they saw a familiar platinum haired boy sleeping so soundly next to them.

"What in the actual piece of flying f--"

"First of all, (Y/N). You and Malfoy left the room without me knowing and I'm absolutely pissed that you two are snuggling to each other like best friends. Second of all, what happens if someone sees you like this!?" Alem gestured exaggeratedly at the two.

"I'm afraid someone already has." A familiar deep voice came behind Alem. The Rosewood twins' shoulders jumped at the sudden surprise and turned to look at the owner of the voice.

Both of their mouths hung agape once they saw Professor Snape standing there with the usual unamused look on his face.

(Y/N) immediately climbed out of the sofa, almost tripping and waking Draco in the process.

The platinum haired Slytherin's head rose up and rubbed his eyes to see what the fuss was all about.

He was petrified when he saw Professor Snape standing there and he rose up to his feet, stumbling slightly.

"G-Good morning, Professor. Um, what brings you here?" (Y/N) stammered while scratching her (H/C) bed hair. Alem stood there, shocked at the sudden appearance of Slytherin head.

"Should I not be asking you two that, Miss/Mr Rosewood and Mr Malfoy?" Professor Snape towered at the three first years with an intimidating glare.

(Y/N) turned to look at the platinum haired Slytherin with a flustered expression and pointed at him accusingly.

"Professor, I was meant to be alone here in the common room however Malfoy appeared beside me as soon as I woke up from my sleep here." The (H/C) haired Slytherin said truthfully. However, they couldn't definitely say the reason as to why she slept in the common room instead of their own room with Alem.

Alem slightly glared at Draco, thinking that he might've tried to do something to his older sibling.

Draco, however, was trying to ransack his brain just to think of any reason to avoid punishment from Professor Snape.