Chapter 55: How Could You?

-Austin's POV-

What Lexi said to (Y/N) was so rude. (Y/N) and my mom are watching a movie, so I am gonna go upstairs and call her back, and talk to her.

"I'll be right back." I say to (Y/N).

"Okay." She says. I kiss her on her cheek and she smiles. Then I walk upstairs.

I walk over to my laptop and open it. I pull up Skype and scroll through my contacts and click on Lexi's contact and call her. She answers with a huge smile.

"Hey doll." She says.

"Hi." I say.

"Why did you go off on (Y/N)?" I ask.

"Is that what she said I did? Wow. She's a liar." Lexi says.

"Then what happened?" I ask.

"She answered and told me to fuck off, and to never call you again because you're taken." She says to me.

"(Y/N) isn't that rude." I say.

"Well that's what she said. Who are you going to believe? Me or her?" Lexi says sternly.

"Wow." I say sitting down. I don't know what to believe.

-(Y/N)'s POV-

Austin's been upstairs for a while. Like an hour or so.

"I'm going to go check on Austin." I say to Michele.

I stand up off the couch, and walk upstairs. Once I get to Austin's door. I knock.

"Can I come in?" I ask.

"Yeah." Austin says. I open the door and see Austin on Skype with Lexi.

"Hi (Y/N)." Lexi says.

"Hi..." I say.

"So why did you lie to me?" Austin angrily says to me.

"About what?" I ask.

"About what happened when Lexi called you." Austin says.

"I didn't lie. I was telling you the truth." I stammer.

"No she wasn't." Lexi chimes in. I walk over and slam his laptop shut and turn to him.

"Who are you going to believe Austin? You're girlfriend that you've known your whole life, or a friend that you've probably known for a month." I ask.

"I don't know. Because sometimes I wonder if you want me to pity you." He says. I scoff.

"Wow. I'm gonna go." I say. I slam Austin's door, and run down the steps. I walk into the living room, and grab my purse.

"Where are you going?" Michele asks.

"Just to the store. I forgot to get some stuff earlier. " I say choking back the tears.

"Here. Take your new car. Your mom and dad sent me money to get it for you." She says while handing me the keys.

"Thank you. Tell my parents I said thank you." I say.

"You're welcome sweetie. And I will." She says. I walk outside and get into my new car.

I finally let the tears fall that I've been holding in and put my head on the steering wheel. God. How could austin say those things. I pull out my phone and open up Twitter, and press create tweet.

@(Y/T/N): How could you say those things.

@(Y/T/N): "Sometimes I wonder if you want me to pity you."

@(Y/T/N): Well now I'm gone.

I throw my phone down on the passenger seat and speed off.

I turn out of the court. I have no idea where I'm going. But it's going to be somewhere far.

-Later-

I ended up driving to a beach an hour away. I just found my way here. Now I'm sitting down in the sand, watching the kids play.

I have my headphones in, and I'm blasting music. My phone starts going off. I look down and see Austin's calling me. I answer.

"Leave me alone." I say. Then hang up. He keeps calling but I ignore him. Then he starts texting me.

A: Babe. Please stop ignoring me.

A: I'm sorry. I don't know what got into me.

A: I know that you would never lie to me.

A: Please answer me.

A: Babe.

A: Where are you?

Y: Somewhere.

A: Babe. I'm sorry. Please accept my apology.

Y: I have no idea where I am. I'm on a beach an hour from home.

A: Send me your location.

I go to info and press send my location and it does.

Y: There.

A: I'll be there soon. I love you.

Y: Okay. Ily2.

I put my phone down and just fall back into the sand and stare at the sunset.

I don't want to accept his apology.