Chapter 2: Ronnie...

I'm at Austin's house, and we are watching tv.

"(Y/N)." Austin says.

"Yes?" I say.

"What's going on with you and Ronnie?" He asks. I gulp.

"Nothing..." I say really quiet.

"There's obviously something going on when you come home with bruises, and whenever I bring him up, you try to change the subject." Austin says turning off the tv.

"There's nothing to say about it." I say.

"(Y/N), is Ronnie abusing you?" He asks. I stand up, and walk into the kitchen. Austin follows me.

"Do you want chips?" I ask Austin.

"(Y/N). Stop ignoring the question. Please answer me." Austin says grabbing my hand. I look up at him and I break out in tears.

"I can't." I say as I bite my bottom lip. He pulls me into a hug.

"Someone who loves you shouldn't be hurting you like this (Y/N). You need to tell me what is going on so I can help you." He says as he lifts my chin up so we are making eye contact.

"Austin, if I tell you what is going on it has to stay between us, you need to promise me." I say while looking at him with pleading eyes.

"I can't promise you anything if he is hurting you." He says in a serious tone. 

"Austin please." I beg him.

"Maybe, now tell me what is going on." Austin says as he leads me over to the kitchen table. We both sit down and he grabs my hand. His hand on mine feels so right, like a spark.

"Okay..." I take a deep breath. "Ronnie has been hurting me, he has been throwing things at me. If things don't go his way he hits me, bites me, pinches me. And god forbid if I say no to him ever..." I trail off and let the first tear fall.

"You need to get out of the relationship." Austin says to me in a serious tone. He squeezes my hand.

"I can't." I say.

"Why not?" He asks.

"Because. Every time I try he ropes me back in to staying, or worse he locks me in his room and doesn't let me leave." I say.

"Well we are going now. And I'll be there when you tell him. He cant do anything to you if I am there." He says.

"Okay.." I say. Austin takes my hand and we walk out of the house, and get into his red Range Rover, and we drive to Ronnie's house.

-later-

We get to Ronnie's house. I can't do this. I don't wanna go in there and get hurt. I do not want Austin to get hurt either. I am just going to get Austin to take me home.

"Austin I can't do this." I say.

"Yes you can. I'll be there to hold your hand the whole time." He says. I look down.

"But he could end up hurting you and I don't want that to happen." I say, I look at my hands and they are trembling. Austin rests his hands on mine, and I take a deep breath.

"He can't hurt me, even if he tries." Austin says.

"Okay." I say. We both get out of the car. Austin walks over to me and grabs my hand, and we walk to the front door. I ring his doorbell, and Ronnie answers.

"Oh hey baby." Ronnie says pulling me over to him.

"Get off of me please." I say. I push away from him. This makes him mad, and he pulls me back and starts squeezing my arm. I wince in pain and whimper.

"She said get off of her." Austin says. Austin pulls me back to him. I grab my arm where he was just squeezing it and I look at it and see it is already starting to bruise. 

"Ronnie. I do not want to be with you anymore, you are an asshole, so I am done." I say.

"No, that is not happening." Ronnie says as he tries to grab me again. Austin steps in between us so he is protecting me from him.

"Yes it is. So deal with it. If you try to touch her. I will beat the living shit out of you." Austin says.

"Fine. I don't care. Break up with me. That's why I have girls lining up to date me." Ronnie says, and then he laughs.

"Whatever. Goodbye Ronnie." I say. Ronnie slams his door shut, so I walk down to Austin's car and get in. Austin follows behind me.

"Good job. I'm proud of you." Austin says. I smile, he grabs my hand, and we drive back to Austin's house.

-later-

"Thank you for coming with me Austin." I say while we are sitting next to each other on the couch.

"You're welcome." He says. I look at him, and smile. He looks down at my lips and looks back in my eyes, we both start to lean in, we are centimeters from kissing when someone clears their throat. I look and see Michele.

"Hi Michele." I say while blushing.

"Hi mom." Austin's says. We both awkwardly scoot away from each other.

"Hi kids." Michele says putting the groceries down on the counter. I stand up, and start helping Michele put the groceries away.

"I'm gonna go shower." Austin says.

"Okay." Michele says.

"Okay." I say. Austin walks upstairs leaving Michele and I in the kitchen.

"So how are things going with Ronnie?" Michele asks.

"We broke up today." I say.

"Good, I never liked him." Michele says. I laugh.

"Me neither." I say.

"So what's going on between you and Austin?" Michele asks me while putting away the milk.

"Nothing." I say blushing.

"It didn't look like nothing when I walked in." Michele says. I smile.

"Well I kind of like him. But I do not want to mess anything up with him." I say.

"It's okay to try and date your best friend. I did that with Austin's father, and you saw where that went." She says as she winks.

"That's true." I giggle.

"Just think about it, weigh all the pros and cons, and do what your heart tells you is right." Michele says. I smile.

Maybe we can date. I don't know.