Chapter 75: Drunk

I've almost finished the full flask of Sarah's vodka. And I'm starting to feel it. Austins still over talking to Madeline, it's been forever.

"Cmon Sarah lets go danceeee." I stand up and take her hand and we head over to the dance floor. We start dancing sexually and grinding on each other. I look over at Austin and he's still looking at her.

"(Y/N) stop staring." Sarah says.

"Why does she think she can just waltz in here into my ssenior prom and take my date." I say while slurring some of my sentence.

"Cuz she a hoe." Sarah says.

"I want some more." I say. I reach into her clutch and drink some more of the vodka.

"He's watching." Sarah whispers into my ear. I glance over and see Austin staring at me. I look back at Sarah and we start dancing sexually again.

"God I hate her." I tell Sarah.

"Me too she's a bitch." She says. Alex and Anthony and Becca come over and we all just dance our asses off. You'd think Austin would come over but he's still with her. It's so annoying. A slow song starts and I walk back to the table and start drinking the vodka again, at this point I'm drunk. All of my friends are slow dancing with each other. I look around for Austin and see he's not at the table he's been sitting at for the past hour. Then I scan the dance floor and see he's dancing with Madeline. Are you fucking kidding me. I stand up and walk over to him.

"Babe hey." He says as he takes his hands off of Madeline.

"Don't babe me. I just came over to tell you I'm leaving." I say.

"Are you drunk?" He asks.

"Just a little bit. But I'm leaving. Have fun with her." I say pointing at Madeline.

"Oh he will." Madeline says.

"Fuck you." I say to her and then storm out the front door. Where do I go? I don't live far from here. I'm gonna walk. I take off my shoes and start walking.

"(Y/N) wait." Someone says. I turn around and see Austin running after me.

"No I don't wanna talk to you." I start walking faster.

"Wait babe." He says and then grabs my arm.

"What do you want?" I say as I yank my arm free from his grasp. I lose my balance a little bit and Austin catches me. I pull away from him again.

"I'm sorry I lost track of time and I was just having fun." He says. I roll my eyes.

"I'm glad you were having fun. But it's my senior prom Austin. I invited you to spend it with you. And you've spent the last hour and a half with her." I say letting the tears fall.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." He says.

"Yeah you shouldn't have and it really hurt. What if I saw Carter or Ronnie and did that. How would you feel huh?" I ask.

"I would feel devastated." He says.

"Exactly. Now I'm going home." I say. I turn around and start walking again.

"Please just let me take you home." Austin says.

"Fine." I say. He orders an Uber and we both get into the car. It's quiet the whole ride.

We pull into our court and he parks in front of my house.

"Thank you." I say as I get out of the car. I don't even turn around and look at Austin. I walk straight into my house and right up to my room. I close the door behind me. I go into the bathroom and start yanking the bobby pins out of my hair. Once I'm finished with that I get my makeup wipes. I take off my dress and put on a pair of underwear and a shirt.

I'm so pissed at Austin. Why would he do that on my prom night. Especially with the girl he cheated on me with. Does he still like her? Is that why he did it? Ugh. I lay down in bed and see I have a text from him.

From Austin:

Babe I'm really sorry about tonight. I don't know what got into me. I should've put you first. You're the one I love. I'm sorry please forgive me.

I just read it and plug my phone in. Then roll over and fall asleep.

-Next Day-

I wake up the next day and I have a huge headache. I shouldn't have drank last night. I put on some pants and walk downstairs and see my parents sitting on the couch.

"Hey honey. How was it last night?" My mom asks.

"It was good." I say. I walk into the kitchen and grab some Advil and take it.

"That's good honey. I'm glad you had fun." She says.

"Me too." I say. I walk back upstairs into my room and grab my laptop and start working on an essay that is due in a couple days.

-Few hours later-

It's almost 12:30 and I'm almost finished with my essay. There's a knock on my door.

"Come in." I say. I turn around and see Austin walk in with a bouquet of flowers.

"I'm really sorry." He says. I stand up and walk over to him.

"Do you know how hurt I was last night." I say as I grab the flowers out of his hands.

"Yes and I'm so sorry. Please forgive me." He says. I hug him.

"It's okay. Just don't ever do that again please." I say.

"I won't. I love you so much." He says.

"I love you too." I say. I stand up on my tippy toes and kiss him.