Right Under My Nose (Mark)

Start from the beginning

A few weeks later, you found yourself at a party.  And not just any party.  It was Haechan's birthday party.  You knew all your friends would be there, and Mark had texted you asking you to come.  But you were nervous.  You didn't want to be in the same room with the guy you used to like and the guy you found yourself currently liking.  You weren't sure when it happened, but now, you looked forward to the little conversations you and Mark shared every night. 

It could be something silly like a debate about whether pancakes or waffles were better.  Or it could be something deep like things you would never change about yourself.  You had seen him here and there outside of classes, but you hadn't had a face-to-face conversation with him since that day he held your crying form on that bench.

You mustered up your courage and walked into the house.  Immediately, your eyes fell on him.  He wore a loose, thin shirt and trousers that fit really well.  You could tell he was intoxicated by his posture.  Mark leaned over the counter talking to some guys that looked familiar.  One of them whispered something to him, and he turned to look in your direction.  His eyes found you instantly.  But to your dismay, he kept talking to his friends.  

In fact, most of the night, you found yourself helping the few clearheaded people take care of the inebriated guests.  Most of them headed home once they sobered up, but you realized Mark had no intention of leaving.  He was pretty sober now, but whenever Haechan asked him if he wanted to go home, he shook his head.

"Y/N, you can go home.  I'll take care of him," Haechan said.  

You studied Mark, and he smiled at you.  "I want Y/N to take care of me."

Your jaw nearly hit the floor in shock.  Haechan smirked and helped Mark into the passenger seat of your car  before sending the two of you off.  You weren't sure what exactly to do, so you brought him over to your place.  Your roommate was out on a weekend trip which meant you had the apartment to yourself.

You helped Mark into your bed and were about to leave him to take the sofa in the living room when you felt a hand wrap around your wrist.  

"Stay with me," Mark whispered, and you blushed so hard, you were afraid your white converse would turn hot pink.

He pulled your wrist, and you fell into the bed with him.  Part of you wasn't complaining, though.  "Don't you have something to tell me?" he asked raising a knowing brow.

You nearly choked on your saliva.  You studied Mark's expression.  He definitely knew the secret you had been desperately trying to keep for so long.

"I'm not sure.  Do I have something to tell you?" you bit your lip nervously.

Mark couldn't blame you.  He knew you were scared because you had been rejected before.  And you were scared you'd be rejected again, so he decided to make your job easier for you.

"I like you, Y/N," he smiled, and your lips melted into a grin.  He laughed at how cute your reaction was, his eyes crinkling into crescents.  "Now tell me what you've been hiding from me, silly."

You cleared your throat, but your voice came out as a whisper

You cleared your throat, but your voice came out as a whisper.  "You know that feeling when you've been looking for something, but it's been right under your nose the whole time?"

Mark laughed again, and you grinned.  "I didn't realize how much you meant to me.  And I'm sorry I only realized recently.  You mean the world to me."

You could tell he was trying to hold back a giggle.  "Wait, but since you're shorter than me, does that mean you've been right under my nose this whole time?"

"Oh shut up!"

---

A/N:  Helloooooo!  It's been SOOOO long, and I would like to deeply apologize for being absent basically for basically the first half of 2019.  I got really caught up with school had no time to update :((  But summer means more time which means more updates, so stay tuned!!  Also, I will try to reply to comments like I used to, but no promises that I can reply to each and every one.  I promise I read them all and each one makes me so thankful for such amazing readers.  Thank you for supporting me <3

Question of the imagine:  So... pancakes or waffles??  Am I the only one who can't choose?!