Chapter Fifty-Two: "Moving like a sloth."

Start from the beginning

Maybe it was one of the triplets or Maya that sidetracked me.

"I'm going to call Mama Parker and make su-," Sophia starts, unlocking her phone and beginning to swipe with the hand I didn't hold.

"They're fine. Put your phone back in your pocket."

"But wh-,"

"Weren't you the one rushing me to drop them off at my parents place? They're fine. She knows what she's doing." I say. Sophia was the one telling me that Mom knew what she was doing and I didn't need to explain how to make a bottle to her. I have seven siblings, I know my mom can handle a little chaos. Besides, she probably misses it anyways.

"I miss them." She sticks her lip out.

"You'll see them tomorrow." I mumble more to myself. Trust me, I know once they are here and screaming our ears off, she won't feel the same way.

"That's seems so far." Sophia says as we get to the car. I loosen my grip on her hand.

"If it makes you feel better, I'll tell my mom to FaceTime me before she puts them to sleep." I suggest, opening the car door for her. She slides in, licking her lips as she looks at me.

"Yes, that will make me feel better, baby." Sophia says. I nod and close her door before jogging to my side. I quickly slip into the car before speeding off.

• • •
"Is the food almost done?" Sophia questions from the couch. I throw my head back and peer at her. She has my black blanket wrapped around her, her head is the only part of her body that I can see. Her hair falls onto her face as her phone illuminates the bottom portion of her face. She gives me a wide, silly smile while displaying all of her white teeth.

I bite my lip, glancing at the food before looking back at her. "Yeah. Actually, come watch it for me." I say. Secretly, I've had to take a piss for the last thirty minutes. Sophia agrees, so I basically jog to our downstairs bathroom.

Doing what I had to do and wash my hands, I slip out of the bathroom. I have my phone in my hand, starting at the messages between Arabella, Aurora, Anthony, Andrew, Mom, and I. They all commented about things the triplets did. Their favorite thing, it seemed, was how Jaisiah freaked out if his blanket wasn't with him. They sent a video of him sleeping in a extra crib, the blanket only covering his little hand. Somebody slowly moved it from him and the second it moved, the second he would begin to wail. They also seemed to like the way Jalen just absolutely wouldn't use a pacifier. Jaisiah would gratefully accept one but Jalen doesn't even like touching it.

Mom: I'm going to call around eleven if you are still up.

Anthony: Why are you putting them to bed so late???? Bash and Ella go to bed at 8:30 on the .

Mom: Sebastian and Stella sleep thru the night. Newborn triplets do not. The later they go to sleep, the later they'll wake us up.

Aurora: the later they go to sleep then they won't wake up at 1

Arabella: Ant is so stupid

I chuckle to myself at the conversation as I enter the kitchen. I put my phone down and look up as I hear Sophia humming to herself.

"What the fuck." I involuntarily let out as I see the sight before me. Sophia head whips back. I wouldn't be surprised if she had gotten whiplash.

"What's wrong?" She has the audacity to ask. I glance up at the ceiling, praying that what I see is just my overly imaginative mind. I shift my head, blinking back at my fiancée in front of me.