20

DANIEL and Jonah walked around the mall for hours. "Maybe they'll have something in there." Jonah pointed out a store. Daniel shrugged and agreed to try their luck. Who knew that it'd be so hard to find maternity clothes.

"Looking for new clothes?" An employee smiled at Daniel. "Yes actually." He nodded. "This way." She nodded before leading the way to the back. "Here you are."

Jonah and Daniel looked around, finding a few appropriate pieces. "At this point, I might as well just stay naked." Daniel murmured, unimpressed with the basic selection. Jonah gulped at the sound of that, knowing very well that he'd enjoy the sight.

"Alright, try them on." Jonah pushed Daniel toward the fitting rooms. He leaned against the wall while he awaited him to finish. "I look ugly." Daniel grumbled. "Just come out." Jonah shook his head with amusement.

Daniel yanked the door open, now dressed in dark blue jeans and a baggy white shirt. "Look at me!" He lifted his shirt, revealing the waistband of the jeans. They covered his bump all the way with no zipper or button in sight.

Jonah bit his lip in order to suffocate in his laugh. "Excuse me? Are you really laughing right now?!" Daniel asked sassily. "No, no!" Jonah shook his head, an evident smile on his face.

"Then what Jonah? What's so amusing? Delight me!" He crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow. "It's just- you look so cute when you're furious." Jonah said quietly, hoping that Daniel wouldn't hear at all.

Daniel was ready to shoot a rude reply toward Jonah. But when someone says that to you, then what the hell do you say? All he did was blush as Jonah's eyes met his soft blue ones.

"Get them." Jonah advised. "Fine, but only because you said so." Daniel shrugged before closing the door. Jonah tilted his head back against the wall and released a deep breath. "Shit." He said to himself, realizing that Daniel was slowly starting to mean the world to him.

After Jonah purchased the clothes for Daniel, they wandered around the mall effortlessly. "Let's go in there." Jonah nodded his head toward a baby store.

Daniel paused and looked over at him. "Why?" A small smile began to creep onto his face. "Why not?" Jonah shrugged. "It's too early to buy anything-" Jonah completely ignored Daniel.

"Come on," he grabbed his hand, lacing Daniel's thin fingers with his. Daniel's heart quickly did a leap as he was being dragged to the store by Jonah. His hand fit in Jonah's like it was made for it.

Jonah didn't let go when they entered the store. He held onto Daniel without making it a big deal, but on the inside, he was screaming. Jonah felt like he was a teenager in love for the first time.

"Oh my god..." Jonah suddenly stopped, sending Daniel straight into him. "Oh— sorry!" He turned his attention to Daniel. "Did the fact that you were dragging a pregnant man behind you not occur to you before you stopped like that?"

"I'm sorry! I just saw the tiny shoes and lost it." Jonah reasoned, pointing at the baby shoes hung on the wall. Daniel looked over at them too, immediately melting at how cute they are.

"Are her feet really going to be that tiny?" He questioned, holding up a pair of small Nike shoes. Daniel internally squealed. "Yes they are!"

The pair continued to look over the shoes, obsessing over every single one. "Ok, we have to buy these." Daniel grabbed a pair of baby pink ballerina flats. Jonah smiled at him, took his hand once more, and  headed over to the cashier.

For the first time, it felt real. They were going to be parents together. Now they even had solid proof of it. Even if that proof is a tiny pair of pink ballerina flats.

Jack is a dad & I'm thriving.

-dolanschonce