15

AFTER the baby shower, Daniel crawled back into the safety of his bed and decided to never leave again—like usual. It was just him and his baby girl, until Jonah had decided to join the scene.

"Hey," he peeked his head through Daniel's door. "Hi." Daniel smiled at his presence. "Can I come in?" Jonah asked politely, making Daniel nod his head with amusement. "Of course."

Jonah quietly shut the door and made his way over to Daniel's bed. He was now no longer in his blue shirt as it neared 10 pm. Jonah was in a plain white shirt and grey sweatpants.

"So..." Jonah said awkwardly as he sat next to Daniel on his bed, making sure to leave a good distance between them. "So." Daniel repeated.

Jonah's heart was beating fast for some reason. He didn't exactly know why, but it's been doing that a lot around Daniel lately.

He slowly worked up the courage to talk. And within seconds he began to spill his heart out. He just wanted to share all of his ideas regarding Riley with Daniel.

"I was thinking we could paint the nursery yellow, just so Riley can always be surrounded by the colour of happiness." Jonah said.

"We're obviously going to have to spilt your room a little so we can build it in here. This was the last empty room in the house. Or— if you'd like I can switch rooms with you because mine is bigger. Whatever works for you-"

Jonah was ready to go on and on, but Daniel stopped him to say the one thing that he's been wanting to say ever since they found out they were having a girl.

"I want you to pick her middle name." Daniel blurted out, stopping Jonah completely. "What—me?" Jonah asked in disbelief. He didn't think he had authority when it came to these things.

"Well I got to pick Riley and her last name is definitely going to be Seavey.... so I want you to contribute in some way—it's kind of your right."

Yes, it was Daniel's baby and only his, but Jonah was going to be helping out a lot so it only seemed fair to him.

"Maive." Jonah shrugged. "Maive?" Daniel repeated, liking the sound of it. "I've always liked that name." Jonah smiled. "Riley Maive Seavey it is then."

Sure, they were getting ahead of themselves. Sure, Daniel was barely halfway done with his pregnancy. But Daniel was promised the full pregnancy experience from Jonah and he will get it.

I was bored so I stirred something up meh.

-dolanschonce