5

THE next morning, Daniel woke up in his new bed alone. The sun was shining through his window brightly, hitting him right in the face. He groaned as he sat up.

He looked around him at the room that lacked personality. It was obviously the guest room and they just decided to throw him in their permanently. He really needed to decorate it and make sure there was enough room for the baby's things.

As soon as Daniel stood up, the waft of bacon hit him right in the face. He immediately gagged, becoming sensitive to the strong smell of grease. Daniel covered his mouth instantly, knowing that it was coming.

He ran out into the hall, turning his head left and right trying to figure out where the bathroom was. He went with his gut feeling and ran towards the first door he saw, luckily it was in fact the washroom.

The brunette leaned over the toilet bowl, on his knees, as he emptied out the contents of his stomach. He hated the morning sickness and it happened quite often.

After he was done, he quickly washed his face and rinsed his mouth. As soon as he stepped out, Jonah was awaiting him by the door. "I heard you... are you okay?" He asked. Daniel nodded. "It's just morning sickness."

Jonah followed Daniel all the way into his room. The younger boy sat on his bed, already exhausted even though he just woke up. "Are you coming down for breakfast?" Jonah asked.

Daniel rubbed his stomach, still feeling sick. "The smell is making me nauseous." Daniel shook his head. "That's alright, I'll bring it up to you." Jonah told him. Before Daniel could thank him, he was already out the door.

Minutes later, Jonah came back with a tray in hand. "Are waffles okay?" He asked before entering the room, not wanting Daniel to get triggered by the smell. "They're fine, thanks."

Jonah set the tray on Daniel's nightstand. "I'll come get it when you're done." Jonah left him alone once again. Daniel looked over at the tray that Jonah had put together. Two waffles, syrup, and freshly squeezed orange juice.

He began to eat in silence, hearing the boys' voices from downstairs. He felt like an intruder. No one ever spoke to him beside Jonah. Daniel was lonely.

This is trash, sorry.

-dolanschonce