30

ONE apology later, and Jack and Jonah were on good terms again. In fact, Jack began to help Jonah out with his and Daniel's date. Jack was going to get the other two boys out of the house so the two can have a romantic time alone.

"You still up for tonight?" Jonah barged into Daniel's room, catching him in the middle of stuffing his face with fries. "Tonight?" Daniel mumbled, mouth full. "Our date?" Jonah reminded him.

"Tonight!" Daniel screeched. He instantly looked down at his weak appearance. Nothing but sweatpants on, a white shirt that he had stained with ketchup, and his bed head of hair.

Jonah saw the fright behind Daniel's eyes. That's why he decided to comfort him. "We're staying in. Just you and I." Daniel let out a sigh at that. " Okay, that sounds amazing."

Jonah smiled at Daniel. "You can even come in your sweatpants if you'd like." He chuckled. Daniel smiled too, watching Jonah steal one of his fries before exiting.

After a much needed shower and a change of clothes, Daniel was ready by seven. He opened his bedroom door only to be overtaken by silence. The house seemed empty. Did he really get rid of the other boys? Daniel thought.

Now dressed in a black pair of jeans, and a grey shirt, Daniel wobbled down the stairs. The aroma of something that had been freshly grilled took over his senses.

Daniel sniffed around until the scent led him to the backyard. There, Jonah was standing over the grill cooking burgers. With a huge smile plastered on his face, Daniel stepped out.

"You really do know the way to my heart." Daniel joked,  catching Jonah's attention. "It's not classy for a first date, but I figured I'll only have you and Riley satisfied with burgers."

After Jonah finished assembling three burgers, one for him, one for Daniel, and one for Riley- so two for Daniel- they took a seat. Daniel couldn't help but admire the cute table that Jonah had set.

It was around sun set when they began to eat. They both checked each other out secretly, and looked away quickly as soon as the other looked back. It was like they were high schoolers all over again and they honestly loved that.

"So um... I actually should have said this to you earlier. But I mean, let's face it nothing we've done has been in the right order." Jonah remarked, his gaze dropping to Daniel's bump. Both of them chuckled.

"Daniel I'm... I'm interested in you. And I hope we can take this relationship to the next level." Jonah admitted maturely. "And so do I." Daniel nodded with a smile.

That evening was one filled with nothing but smiles. For the first time in six months, Daniel felt truly happy. He wasn't alone anymore. And so they spent that whole night talking about their relationship, Riley, and all of their big plans.

It's no coincidence that Jonah's birthday and father's day are on the same day ☕️

-dolanschonce