46

DANIEL waited just long enough to pull off his plan. A month. Riley was in perfect condition now and no one was expecting him to leave. They thought they had him for good.

What they didn't know was that Daniel had had his flight back home booked for weeks. Ever since he was released from the hospital.

As soon as the DNA results came in, he snatched the envelope, gathered his already packed belongings and made a run for it. Luckily, no one noticed him sneaking out which gave him just enough time to get to the airport.

The whole time at the airpot he was sick to his stomach. His eyes never stopped searching for one of their familiar faces. The last thing he wanted was to get caught.

Somehow, he managed to make it on the plane. Only then did he relax. He gripped Riley tightly during takeoff. "We're going to be okay." He whispered to her. He doesn't need Jonah to be a good parent.

Once Riley was a sleep, Daniel turned his attention to the envelope that he had fled with. He took it out and stared at it, not sure if he was ready to find out.

Riley was born an exact copy of Daniel. Bright blue eyes, soft blonde hair, and a dashing pair of dimples. Her features didn't help him eliminate anyone really.

But from what he learned in biology in high school, he knew that if one of the parents had brown eyes than that's more likely to show up. Which meant... that Zach and Jack really did have a low chance. Lower than Corbyn and Jonah at least.

He kept on working out the details in his head, not taking the easier option of just opening the envelope. Instead, he used the process of elimination.

Daniel hadn't realized that he had been thinking for so long until the pilot announced that they were landing. He quickly shoved the envelope back into his pocket and made sure to secure Riley.

Getting from the airport to his parents' house was the easy part. But standing on their doorstep with a baby in his arms was something else.

Daniel really didn't know if they were going to let him in, but he had no other choice at this point. He left everything behind. It was this or nothing.

Shakily, he extended his hand out to knock, Riley past asleep in the other arm. He waited a few seconds before his mom opened the door.

Her eyes immediately widened, not expecting her twenty year old son to show up with his baby. "Please..." Daniel couldn't hold back his tears. "I have nowhere else to go."

Her heart broke at the sight of her helpless son. "Is... is that?" She looked at the bundle in his arms. "Riley, my daughter." He nodded, his voice small.

She opened the door wider for him. "Come in, son." She gave him a smile through sad eyes. Daniel sniffed back his tears before he entered.

Anna was the first to see him since she was on the couch. "Daniel!" She exclaimed. Immediately, she ran over to him and gave him a side hug. It clearly wasn't her choice to shut him out.

"Oh my god! Is that your baby?" She asked eagerly. "Yeah," Daniel smiled through his tears. "Her name is Riley." He handed her over to her aunt. Anna was ecstatic to meet her.

"Sit, Daniel." His mother motioned. Daniel took a seat while still feeling uneasy. "So.. what happened between you and that boy?" She asked. Daniel took in a shaky breath, "it was just... a messy break up. I want to raise my daughter alone."

"Well... I'm going to do my best to help you." His mother assured. "And dad?" Daniel asked worriedly. "He'll come around." Daniel nodded, having no other choice.

School isn't actually that bad so far 🤔 I have my best friend in all my classes and I haven't gotten hw yet.

-dolanschonce