16

IT was 2 am when Daniel had a sudden craving. The extra weight was starting to affect his sleep because he could never get comfortable. So when he woke up at an early hour craving a hamburger with popcorn, he knew it was normal.

He rolled around in his bed for a minute before he finally sat up. He wasn't sure where anything in the kitchen was since he never leaves his room. He just feels like it's not his house to explore.

But right now, no one was awake and he had to satisfy his craving. He knew Riley was the one who was triggering the weird combination. But since Jonah wasn't around to help, he had to do it himself.

A pregnant Daniel lingered in the kitchen, the only thing illuminating the room was the light of the fridge. He searched and searched for the frozen burgers but could never find them. At this point, Riley was getting frustrated.

"Um... what are you doing?" Jack's voice startled Daniel. The brunette slowly pulled his head out of the fridge. "I-I..." Daniel stuttered, not finding the right words.

"Midnight craving?" Jack asked in amusement. "For a burger and popcorn... yeah." Daniel nodded, sort of ashamed of himself.

"We're out of burgers. But I can take you through the McDonald's drive thru?" Jack offered. Daniel was relieved that Jack made the first step toward their friendship. "Yes please."

And just like that, Daniel was sat in the passenger seat of Jack's car. Outside, it was still very dark as they drove down the road. Both boys nodded their heads to the soft hum of the radio- still in their pyjamas.

"Just one burger?" Jack made sure. "That's enough, yeah." Daniel nodded. Jack ordered and they drove to the first window, paid and recieved their meal.

"You can eat now if you'd like." Jack nodded at Daniel after seeing the way Daniel was eyeing the bag. "But I have the urge to popcorn in the burger." Daniel mumbled, making Jack shake his head with a small giggle.

One stop and a bag of popcorn later, the boys were heading home as it neared 3:30 am. "Thank you Jack." Daniel said softly. "Anytime Daniel." He smiled as they pulled up into the driveway.

"Not just for the food, but.... for the party. I loved it." Daniel made sure to show his appreciation. "Don't mention it. I just want you to know that there's someone else there for you besides Jonah."

Jack and Daniel's eyes met as they both smiled, appreciating the moment. Soon, they got out of the car and unlocked the door to the house. Inside, they found a shirtless Jonah pacing around.

"Daniel! I was worried sick!"

Daniel was completely frozen as Jonah spoke. "I-I woke up and your door was just open- you weren't inside or anywhere. I-I thought you... left." He didn't know why his heart had stopped beating.

Maybe because he was overwhelmed with the warmness that was engulfing his whole body because Jonah cared about him. Or maybe it was because Jonah was shirtless. He didn't exactly know.

"Sorry Jonah, it's my bad. I just found him craving a burger so I took him to get one." Jack budded in, clearing things up. Jonah let out a sigh of relief. "You should've just woken me up."

Jack looked back and forth between the two and decided that it was his cue to leave. "Jonah..." Daniel spoke up after Jack had disappeared up the steps. "You don't have to worry so much. Why would I leave?"

Jonah shook his head, facing the ground. Daniel stepped closer to him, slowly erasing the distance. "I depend on you now. Me and Riley." Daniel placed his hand over his stomach.

Jonah's lips slowly curled up into a smile. His eyes met Daniel's while he stepped forward too. The older boy placed his hands over Daniel's, over their baby. And there they stood in the darkness, the same question running through their minds. Am I falling?

We only stan Donah in this household.

-dolanschonce