24

AS soon as the door was slammed shut, Daniel let it all go. The tears, the loud cries, the profanity— all of it. Jonah's heart shattered at the sight. He didn't know how much he cared for Daniel until that moment.

"Please don't cry." Jonah begged, the tears building up in his eyes too. He grabbed the sides of Daniel's face. "You don't need them." He tried to reassure, but that didn't stop the sobs.

"Daniel, hey, look at me." Jonah fixated Daniel's gaze on him. Once their eyes met, Daniel felt some pain wash off him. "We're going to be okay." Daniel nodded, sniffling back some tears.

"Now come on, breathe with me. This isn't good for Riley." Jonah said. He took the first deep breath and watched Daniel mimic his actions. Within a few breathes, the younger boy was calm.

Jonah sighed in relief. He pulled Daniel into his chest. Daniel let the remaining tears on his cheeks soak into Jonah's shirt. Somehow, being so close to Jonah made him feel calm and protected.

"We can book a hotel and spend the night. Hopefully we'll have a flight back home booked soon." Jonah said softly, laying out a plan. "Okay." Daniel sighed.

Jonah pulled away from their hug and grabbed Daniel's hand once more. "Now come on, it's your town. Lead the way." He gave Daniel somewhat of a smile, trying to lighten the mood.

They managed to call a taxi and get a ride to downtown where all the hotels were. Jonah left Daniel sitting on a couch to rest while he sorted out their hotel room business.

Once he received the keys, a bellboy took their bags up for them. Jonah linked his arms with Daniel's and took him onto the elevator. At this point, he could see the fatigue on Daniel's face.

As soon as they were inside, Daniel threw himself onto the bed. There was only one, but it's not like they haven't slept next to each other before. Jonah allowed Daniel to rest immediately.

As soft snores left Daniel's mouth, Jonah picked up his phone to call Jack. "Hello?" Jack answered within seconds. "Hey." Jonah sighed, tired.

"How's everything going?" Jack wondered. "Terrible." Jack immediately caught on. "Is Daniel doing okay?" He asked, a hint of worry in his voice. "No, but I'm trying to make him feel better."

"So then are you coming back sooner than anticipated?" Jack asked. "Yeah, about that, please find us a flight as soon as possible. I need to get him out of here." Jonah said. "I'm on it."

Clarification: they don't know who the father of the baby is yet until they do a DNA test so don't get too excited I might just screw with your brain a lil 😇

-dolanschonce