50

AFTER Daniel had broken the news to his parents and taken Riley, he went right back into bed with Jonah. For the first time in months, he cuddled up to the love of his life and fell asleep on his chest.

The next time he woke up, it was at exactly 6 am by Riley's crying. As soon as Daniel tried to sit up in bed, Jonah pulled him back down. "I got her."

Daniel sleepily nodded, allowing Jonah to untangle himself from him. He watched, half asleep, as Jonah fed her. Daniel couldn't help himself from feeling overjoyed with finally having Jonah.

Jonah gently rocked Riley back to sleep before setting her down in her crib. He crawled back into bed with Daniel and pulled him right back to his chest.

But now there was no use, they were both wide awake. "So..." Jonah whispered in the dark. "Did you ever end up opening that envelope?" He asked the question that's been on his mind ever since he arrived.

Daniel looked up at him, both of their eyes meeting. "I was... too scared to." Daniel shook his head. He had been living in ignorance for the past three months as that envelope sat in one of his drawers.

"This is going to sound cliche but... since we're up, wanna go watch the sunrise and... finally find out?" Jonah whispered. "Okay..." Daniel nodded.

Quietly, they slipped on clothes since they had fallen asleep with basically nothing on. Daniel grabbed a blanket and the envelope he's been avoiding before they tip toed down the stairs and into the backyard.

They took a seat on a pool chair. It was too small to seat two people, that's how Daniel ended up in Jonah's lap. Once they were settled, Daniel laid back and placed his head in Jonah's neck, gripping the results tightly in his hand.

The light had just began to shine through, creating a beautiful mixture of oranges in the sky. "This seems familiar doesn't it?" Jonah spoke softly.

Upon remembering, Daniel giggled. "Oh wow... I remember that like it was just yesterday." Daniel smiled to himself. "Except then I was barely three months pregnant in your backyard and now... we have a three month old baby. Oh and we're engaged."

Jonah grabbed onto Daniel's hand, lacing their fingers before holding up their hands to see the ring in the light. It looked perfect on Daniel's hand, like it always belonged there.

"We've come so far." Jonah said. "And I'm so glad that everything finally worked out. Now, we can finally be the family that I've always dreamed of."

"I love you so much." Daniel confessed, turning to face Jonah. "I love you too." Jonah smiled. Their lips met in the middle, exchanging a long, delicate kiss.

After their kiss, Daniel let out a happy sigh before he rested his head against Jonah's chest once more. "So when's that wedding happening?" Jonah asked.

"Aren't we still to young? Shouldn't we wait at least a year?" Daniel wondered. "Okay, but not too long. We still have baby number two to get started on." Jonah teased.

"More babies?!" Daniel freaked out. "Yes, a lot more!" Jonah chuckled. "Fine, but only because I love you." Daniel concluded.

"Now," Jonah let out a shaky sigh. "Should we do it?" He asked nervously. "We can't live in denial forever." Daniel shrugged. He slipped the letter out and stared at it for a hot minute.

"Whatever that's written on this paper... it can stay between you and me. It doesn't have to change anything." Daniel shook his head. "It won't," Jonah confirmed. "She still feels like my daughter."

With that, Daniel slowly unfolded the paper. For a second, he forgot how to read. And then, he finally did.

"Riley Maive Seavey is the biological daughter of sample B..." Daniel's voice was shaking with every word. "Jonah Marais Roth Frantzich."

Jonah's eyes teared up out of relief. He knew it . He just felt it in his heart. That connection was real. "S-She's mine?" He whispered in disbelief. Daniel nodded eagerly, throwing his arms around Jonah.

And just like that, every worry was wiped off their minds. They can finally live in ignorance. Live normally.

Jonah wrapped his arms around Daniel from the back. They both looked up, seeing the sun finally start to show. "Wow..." Jonah has never seen such a sight. "Yeah... wow." Daniel agreed.

Jonah hugged Daniel tighter, keeping him warm in the cool November air. "Can I confess something?" Jonah said quietly. Daniel hummed, showing that he's listening, but at the same time he was slowly falling back asleep.

"As I sit here, watching this beautiful sunrise with you, I'm not even the slightest bit phased by it. Because I know that I have something that's even more perfect. You and Riley... and I know this is so soft, but I'm glad that what happened in Vegas, didn't stay in Vegas. Out of that whole sick, twisted mess, I got you. And only you matter to me, Daniel James Seavey."

The end.

I might do a sequel... I might not. I'm not inspired for anything currently. Anyways, I hope you loved this story as much as I loved writing it! <3

-dolanschonce