43

IT was a full week of hospital rest for Daniel before he was released to go. "When can she come home?" Daniel asked sadly, looking over at his helpless baby still locked up.

"She's going to have to be here past her due date. Maybe around five more weeks." Jane, the nurse in charge of Riley, cleared up. "But you're welcome to visit her whenever you want in the NICU."

"Take good care of her." Daniel said softly. "Of course, that's my job." she gave him a warm smile. "Now get home, and remember you're still on bed rest. Your stitches need more healing time."

"Jack's waiting for us," Jonah informed. Daniel just gave him a nod, not saying a word. That was his coping mechanism in this situation.

He was at such a vulnerable state that he knew he needed Jonah to care for him, but not vulnerable enough to forgive him or give him any type of respect. That's why he settled on the silent treatment.

When they got in the car, Jack made eye contact with Daniel through the mirror. "The house feels empty without you." Jack tried, but Daniel wasn't having it. He rolled his eyes and looked out the window the whole ride.

At home, Zach and Corbyn were in the living room playing video games. Daniel stormed past them and up the stairs. They hadn't bothered even asking about him or Riley for the past week.

As soon as Daniel entered his room, he locked the door and gently took a seat on his bed. His whole body was still aching. Not just from the operation, but from the emotional pain that was taking a toll on him.

Now that he was finally alone, Daniel felt safe enough to cry. He's been holding everything in for the past week. But on the inside he was close to exploding.

Knowing that you got raped by the boy who you trusted and loved was one thing, but not being able to hold your newborn child that you've been expecting for so long was another.

Daniel's heart was aching for his little angel. The fact that she was fighting for every breath just because of a stupid shock that had sent him into early labour.

A shock that will never stop rocking his world.

He cried and cried until there were no more tears, until he fell asleep with his under eyes burning. Finally, Daniel could put his mind to rest for a few hours.

The next time he woke up was a few hours later to the sound of banging against his door. "Daniel, why is this door locked?!" Jonah shouted from outside.

"I'm getting worried. Open up!" Jonah went on. Daniel groaned. He barely made it out of bed and to the door. "What the fuck do you want?" Daniel spat.

"Why would you lock your door? I was worried that something happened to you!" Jonah said angrily. "I just didn't want you fucking bothering me." Daniel hissed before he walked back to bed.

Jonah had had enough up until that point. He slammed Daniel's door shut and stood at the foot of his bed. "Stop it. Stop acting like this. You don't hate me."

Daniel scoffed, crossing his arms. "Hate is an understatement." He concluded. "Don't say that." Jonah shook his head, his voice becoming softer with each word.

"I don't care that Zach drugged me, that Corbyn and Jack fucked me unconscious. All that ever concerned me was you, Jonah." Daniel began. "How could you look into my eyes everyday and not tell me?"

"Look, I tried—" Jonah started, "when?!" Daniel budded in. "When we were about to—" he shook his head, shutting his eyes. "Yeah... you tried, but didn't. Was I not worthy of knowing the truth?"

"No, Daniel, no! You know that if I could go back in time right now I would! I would reverse this whole thing so that you would not get hurt a single bit. If I could take away all the pain and feel it myself, I would, but I... can't."

Daniel didn't want to cry again, but he couldn't help himself from it. "I just... I can't look at you the same anymore." Daniel shook his head, not daring to lock eyes with Jonah.

"Daniel... please just—" Daniel shook his head. "No. We can never go back to what we were. Everything we had was based off a lie. Now, I will stay here for my daughter and only for her. Between you and I... there is nothing."

This book is almost over so if you're looking for some Donah content I just published a new book called 'Deserve'

-dolanschonce