8

"SO how was the doctor's appointment?" Jack asked. He slumped down on the couch next to Jonah. "It was fine. We got to see the baby." Jack's eyes widened. "Really? How big is it? Did you get one of those sonograms?"

Jonah smiled at Jack's excitement. He was the only one who paid attention to Daniel. "We actually didn't. It's basically just a little dot. You can't see it." He told him. "Will you get one next time?" "Yes."

"Anyways, how is Daniel doing?" Jack asked. He couldn't really talk directly to Daniel. They weren't comfortable with each other yet, but that didn't mean that he couldn't know about him through Jonah.

"I think he's just a little lonely. Talk to him, he needs you guys to welcome him in more." Jack nodded. "I'll try." Then, Zach joined the scene. He sat down on the couch too.

"I heard the heartbeat," Jonah smiled. "It was so beautiful. It just—it made it feel real." Jack smiled at Jonah. He felt relieved. Jonah was actually enjoying it and not forcing himself to take care of Zach's mistakes.

Zach could see how happy Jonah was becoming about this baby, and he didn't like it. He needed Daniel out of here. He was going to ruin everything for them. Jonah can't get attached.

"Speaking of," he budded in. "I would really appreciate it if I didn't have to wake up to the sound of Daniel throwing up every morning. He hogs the washroom."

Jonah felt his blood boil. "What the hell is wrong with you? He's pregnant!" Jonah raised his voice. "I don't fucking care. It's gross." Zach shot back. "He can't control it, dumbass."

"I didn't say that you should get him to stop throwing up. I'm saying you need to start getting him to throw up elsewhere. Somewhere far away from me."

"Listen here you fucking—" but before Jonah could leap at Zach, Jack placed himself in between them. "Hey, stop!" He budded in. "Don't listen to him, he's an idiot." Jonah sat back down, his jaw clenched.

But what they didn't know was that Daniel was there, listening to every word. That was the first time he'd ever come down the stairs. He was ready to finally give them a try, but he's clearly not welcome.

Daniel hurried back up the stairs and locked himself in his room like usual. He sat on his bed and let his tears run free. Daniel was slowly falling apart.

He was pregnant at 19. He was involved in a huge mess with a boy band. The father of his baby won't deal with the consequences of his actions. He was lonely. And his family didn't even know about any of it.

"Daniel? Why are you crying? Are you in pain?" Jonah quickly entered his room. Daniel shook his head while wiping his face with the back of his hand. He pulled his knees up to his chest.

Jonah sat on his bed, a worried expression on his face. "What's wrong?" He asked softly. "I-I heard him." He blurted out. Jonah's face fell. At that moment, he really wished Jack hadn't stopped him from punching Zach.

"I know they don't like me. I bother them." Daniel's voice broke. "Maybe I should just go." He shook his head. "No!" Jonah immediately said. "You're staying, whether they like it or not."

"Jonah I-" Jonah shook his head. "I'm going to make sure this baby is born into an atmosphere filled with love. I'm going to care for you... and our baby."

Daniel's heart fluttered at the sound of that. 'Our baby' it sounded pretty great to him. For once, he didn't feel as alone. He felt that him and Jonah were in it together. And he liked that.

"If you need to use the washroom in the morning just come into my room. I have the master. You can stay in there as long as you want." Jonah reassured. "Thank you." Daniel wiped the dry tears off his face.

Break up with your girlfriend yUh yUH cuz I'm bored.

-dolanschonce