13

AT the doctor's office, Daniel sat in his usual chair. Jonah stood beside him- like he always does- eagerly watching the monitor. "Aha here's your baby." Dr. Reed said.

Jonah and Daniel's eyes were both glued to the screen. "Oh my god Riley's gotten so big!" Jonah exclaimed, making Daniel nod with a smile.

"The gender is clear. Would you like to know?" Dr. Reed asked. "We're going to have a gender reveal party actually. So can you just write it down for us?" Jonah wondered. "Of course."

After Jonah was handed the envelope with their baby's gender in it, his heart began to beat faster. He was extremely excited to start building the nursery with Daniel, buying tiny clothes and toys.

They then went on to listen to the heartbeat and do a few more check ups to ensure that both Daniel and the baby were okay; and they were. Jonah was grateful for that.

As soon as the pair entered the house they were greeted by an excited curly headed boy. "So did you get it?" He asked quickly. Jonah smiled in amusement and handed Jack the envelope. "Here."

Jack quickly fumbled with the envelope and looked at the paper inside. "Aww I'm so excited!" He squealed. Jonah and Daniel wondered what the gender was badly, but they had to wait until tomorrow.

"Okay, okay I have to get to Party City ASAP!" He urged, making Daniel giggle. But before Jack began to run out the door, he stopped by Daniel. "Thank you for letting me do this." He smiled.

For the first time, Daniel felt close to a Why Don't We boy that wasn't Jonah. "Thank you for doing it." Daniel smiled back. Jack nodded and disappeared out the door.

"Come on, you seem like you need a nap." Jonah tilted his head towards the stairs. "I honestly do." Daniel sighed at the mention of his warm bed.

Just like always, Jonah laced his arm with Daniel's and took him up the stairs. He made sure that Daniel was safely in his bed before he turned off the lights. But he didn't leave, he just stood there, leaned against the door frame.

Daniel didn't notice, he immediately shut his eyes after the long day he's had. Having to lug around that extra weight was beginning to make his body ache. And it was only going to get worse from here.

Jonah let out a deep, shaky breath as his eyes rested on the pregnant boy. He was starting to get scared. He cared for him a lot- too much maybe.

They now shared a baby and were going to have to co-parent for the rest of their lives. And if Jonah was already feeling attached after a few weeks, then how will he feel after a few years?

A double update possibly today.

-dolanschonce