35

JONAH ran all the way to Jack's room, his heart thumping out of his chest. He banged on the door loudly until the curly headed boy let him in. "What's wrong?" Jack asked with concern.

Jonah was in nothing but his boxers. He took a seat on Jack's bed and waited for his heart to stop racing. "I-I was just trying to hook up with Daniel and I... I couldn't."

Jack took a seat next to him, placing his hand on his friend's back. "Why not?" He wondered. "I was getting these flashbacks and I just— I hate myself." Jonah began to tear up.

"It's hard for you huh?" Jack sighed, pulling Jonah into a hug. Jonah let himself go in Jack's arms. He cried for a few minutes, just letting it all out.

"I can't keep falling in love with him everyday like this. I can't keep kissing him knowing what I did, what we did." Jonah exclaimed. Jack knew where this conversation was going.

"Jonah... you can't." Jack's eyes widened. Jonah shook his head, his tears still drizzling. "I have to... he needs to know. I feel so guilty!"

"You can't ruin us like this Jonah! We've kept this under control for months now, we can't just tear it all down!" Jack tried to reason with him.

"And at this point it's not even just about us anymore. You really think Daniel will stay with you after you tell him? Jonah he'll leave you. He'll take your daughter and go."

Jack did have a point. A heartbreaking point, but a valid one. "He c-can't.... I need him." Jonah whimpered. "And he needs you. Just please, get this out of your head."

Jonah finally gave in. He nodded, allowing Jack to give him one more hug. "There will come a day where you forget all of this." Jack assured. "You'll be fine Jonah."

After the pep talk, Jonah walked back to his room with hesitation. He opened the door to only see Daniel still in his bed with the sheets pulled all the way up to cover his bare chest.

Jonah walked back in silence. What am I supposed to tell him now? Jonah thought. He sat next to him. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to just—" he wandered off.

"Was it something I did? I-I don't understand." Daniel said insecurely. "No, no. It's not you!" Jonah immediately defended. "I just..." he had to lie. There was no going back now.

"The thought of you... um- doing this with Zach got into my head. It just freaked me out a little." He lied. Daniel's face fell. "Oh." He nodded. He let out a deep sigh.

Daniel held onto Jonah's hands and looked into his eyes. "I just want you to know that that night meant absolutely nothing to me." Daniel clarified.

And if only it meant nothing to Jonah too, but it didn't, it meant everything.

"I was just a drunk college student who hadn't been flirted with in weeks." Daniel added. "Let's just forget about this." Jonah nodded, pulling Daniel into his arms.

Daniel kissed Jonah softly before he rested his head on his chest. "Let's just cuddle for tonight." Daniel murmured, already shutting his eyes. "Yeah..." Jonah sighed. "That sounds perfect."

Just giving the people what they want y'know :)

-dolanschonce