Chapter 18: The First Round

Start from the beginning

Ozpin raises an eyebrow.

Ozpin: "I have seen something that in my life, but where it is now I'm unsure."

Y/N: "Thank you Professor."

Ozpin: "By the way Y/N, how is your training with your semblance going?"

You seem surprised that he knows.

Y/N: "It's going well. I can use it multiple times in a row now and during battle."

Ozpin: "That's good. Your semblance is particularly powerful. With that, the power of the Red Dragon Emperor, and your sword, I believe you'll be the greatest Red Dragon Emperor to have lived."

Y/N: "I'm not really concerned about that. I just want to be able to protect everyone, but thank you. Is there anything else you needed?"

Ozpin: "Just one. Regarding your training, I have asked someone to help with it. He should be arriving at anytime. I'll inform you when he's here. That is all I have for you today."

Y/N: "Thank you Professor."

You leave Ozpin's office and get back to your training.

Back to Present

Y/N: 'Yeah. I'm going to win. I just wish Mom was here...'

You start to think back to your mother. You've missed her all this time, but it's been especially bad lately.

Y/N: "Mom..."

You see Ruby start to wake up.

Ruby: "You miss her, don't you?"

Y/N: "I'm sorry I woke you up. Yeah, I really do miss her. It's been so long. What do I say to her when I finally see her again? How can I ask for her forgiveness for running away? For leaving her and you two with that monster? How can I-"

You're cut off by Ruby's lips on yours.

Ruby: "Don't worry about it. I'm sure she'll just be happy to see you again."

Y/N: "Thanks Ruby. You always know what to say." You pet her head. "Now let's get back to sleep. We have a big day tomorrow."

Ruby: "We?"

Y/N: "Good night Ruby." You smile as you both go to sleep.

The next day

Team RWBY's currently in a match against Team ABRN of Haven on a terrain that's half volcano, half ice. Professor Port and Dr. Oobleck are doing commentary.

The girls seem to be fighting individual battles against each of the members of Team ABRN.

Blake's fighting against a green haired girl named Reese wielding some type of hoverboard. Reese launches the board at Blake, who knocks it back. Reese punches it towards her, but Blake once again pushes her it back, this time charging. The girl grabs the board and starts using it as a shield while Blake uses her semblance to make clones to give her momentum. After a few exchanges of blows, Reese backs up and starts riding the board towards Blake and jumping. Blake counters by creating an ice clone that knocks the hooded girl slightly off balance, putting Blake into a position to slice the board in half. Reese takes this opportunity to make the board into a pair of pistols and shoots at Blake. She then lands on her butt hard on the ice.

Meanwhile, Yang's fighting the leader of the team, Arslan. After a few blows, a punch from each of them connects with the other and causes an explosion. They get into close quarters combat again and Arslan grabs Yang's leg with her weapon, which looks like a knife on a string, and flings her towards her teammate, Nadir.