Chapter 5

I don't know why, but the fighting intrigued me. It was an equal match, neither of the boys over powered each other. Then the taller one through the shorter one into the book shelves. "Yea! Get him Jack get him!" Jane chanted. What the heck was going on? These people are mad, no that's too nice of a word..."Why are they fighting?" I asked Ellie seeing the guy who through the other one in the bookshelf constantly punch him across the face. "Probably Leo did something to Jack. He pranks him a lot for some odd reason yet he knows he's gonna get beat up." She answered, then she grabbed a random book from a different shelf and started to read it.

"Don't harm any of the books you too or I swear I'll turn you inside out!" Ellie added. These people were insane! Not breaking up a fight? It made my brain hurt a lot knowing that I get beat up constantly and this is a little bit of proof that nobody cares! After another punch in the face the guy called mercy. The taller one let him go and watched him fall to the ground. He turned and faced us. His hair was long that covered one eye and just like Jane his hair was almost black with one light blue streak. They must be siblings or something, he looked older though.

The guy who was almost unconscious on the floor had spiked blonde hair and his head was swaying around. "Um...are you okay?" I asked a little concerned. That was quite a beating he took. "First time he fought back." The other guy said staring at his knuckles. They had blood on them! This is awful. "How hard did you hit him Jack?" Ellie asked switching from looking at Jack to the other guy. "Pretty hard I guess." He answered. The other guy put his hand up.

"Why is there double of everything?" He said as if he was hit a few too many times. "Aeron help him up." Ellie said as she closed the book she was reading and put it back on the shelf. "Give me your hand." I said awkwardly as I walked in front of the guy on the ground. I held my hand out and he seemed confused. "Which one?" He said, yep he got hit a lot by the looks of it. Poor kid. He reached his arm out and I just grabbed it knowing in his condition he wouldn't be able to. I pulled him up and sat him in a chair.

"Is this normal?" I asked them after Jane got bandages to wrap Jack's knuckles. I hope it's not. I don't really like getting into fights, and I especially don't like being the one who loses in these cases...well I never do fight back. "They get in fights quite often actually. By the way that's Leo." Jane said pointing to Leo who was still swaying around. "What did he do this time?" Ellie asked sitting next to Leo stopping him from falling out of the chair. "He thought it would be funny to shock me with lightning again." Jack answered looking at Leo with a death stare. Wait wait wait wait...again?

"Are you guys always so dangerous? One of you are eventually gonna end up dead." I blurted out. Jack stared at me blankly...then laughed. What was so funny? Was it a dumb question? "I don't beat him up enough for him to end up dead, but if doesn't stop trying to shock me I might." He said still laughing. Jane held her hand out and created a thin block of ice. Cool! There ice elementals! Still cooler than me of course. Heh...puns.

She looked at me as if to say she was going to throw it then did. Luckily I noticed and caught it, I nearly dropped it on the floor though. "Make sure he holds that to his head." Jane said quickly skimming the room to make sure no one saw it. How many people in the school were elementals? This was really weird to me. I made sure he grabbed the ice instead of dropping it unconsciously. "Just hold that to your head." I said as I turned to walk away he lifted his arm up as if he was holding it to his head, but he just had it in the air. I guided his arm so it was to his head then walked away.

"Thanks." He said faintly still swaying around. Ellie still had to make sure he wouldn't fall out of the chair. Poor thing, getting beat up that bad. After Jane finished bandaging Jack's knuckles Cade walked in from the back of the library. "Cade were you hiding?" Ellie asked getting up and walking to him. After she did Leo fell out of the chair. Me and Jane quickly helped him back into his chair. I could hear him quietly babbling things that I didn't understand. "Maybe..." Cade said quietly. I stood up and went next to Ellie.

"Why didn't you break up the fight?" I asked puzzled. I still thought of when Jack slammed Leo into the book shelf. That had to hurt a lot and he just watched...that's pure insanity!