I'll be fighting next to you

I opened another empty classroom and peeked inside, adrenaline rushing through my veins. I felt like a SWAT unit on a mission.
The class was silent and still just as all the others. The halls were dimly lit, lights flickered at the end of the corridor.
I was on a mission... One of the first few since Percy and I decided that we'd have kids. I was reasonably okay with missing out on all the action in the 9 months that I couldn't do as much as drink coffee, let alone slay anything bigger than a spider. But not for a second could I forget that I left my kids at their grandma's, waved Victoria goodbye, and drove off as Sally and Paul handled the stroller.
Percy seemed nervous. More than I've ever seen him.
I pushed another door halfway in when I heard the scream. There was someone hiding.
But my blood froze in my veins and my feet raced towards the call.
"Percy?!" I called, stopping in the corridor where we split up. "Percy where are you?!" I shouted again, barging into every classroom at a desperate speed.
"Percy!" I slipped into a teacher's office and found him there. "Thank gods Percy." I breathed heavily. "Why did you-" I looked around the mess and down again. "Percy? What's wrong?"
"I- I- It was-"
"Are you hurt?" I dropped down to him and put my hand on his cheek.
"No." He blanked out, staring right through me.
"Percy tell me what happened..." I tried, brushing his hair out his face and praying he wasn't going through a head trauma. But he seemed alright.
"We have to go."
"A little help?" Percy said again in the scarred way.
I offered Percy a hand and held onto him tight even as we left the crashed room and entered the dark corridor.
"I think I saw the kid here, come on." I whispered, wary for my amazing and brave partner was shaking and I couldn't help him at the moment other than keep us safe and in motion.

There was more than the demigod we were searching for. A little boy with the tiniest horns showing through his hair was standing in front of a pair of kids huddled behind him. He was no older than 14.
I let go of Percy's hand and closed the door. He uncapped Riptide and stood a guard there, taking shaky breaths. But he had my back. I knew it.
"Hey kids, little guy-" I looked the satyr in his eyes. "I'm Annabeth Jackson, that's Percy." I approached them slowly. "I'm here- You can stop fighting now- I promise."
The satyr took off and hugged me so tight I was amazed by the power in such little person. I looked over at Percy and caressed the kid's head.
"You've done well, now let's go somewhere safe." I said. And usually it was Percy telling that, thinking of silly lines to throw in the monster's face and calming our rescues, saying jokes about Camp Half Blood...
The kids in the corner got up and joined me too, so carefully.
I rushed everyone out, watching Percy without a break, and later stealing glances at him in the passenger's seat as I drove us to the camp.
I'd never get to the kids before the midnight that day, but I called Sally to assure her we were alive.
The drop off took longer than expected but in repay the brother and sister were claimed as soon as we set our feet past Thalia's tree. If only the gods cared enough to save their children too.

"Beth?"
"Yeah?" I pulled a fresh jacket free of monster blood on.
We were home when he finally opened up. And we still had yet to pick up the kids.
"You ready to talk it out? You haven't spoken in ages, I'm here for you."
"I almost died there because I froze. I froze at the thought of leaving you behind. They'd grow up without their dad just like me, how could I do that to them? And what if you got hurt? Annabeth I froze as a dumb, useless, idiot rookie-"
"Percy don't say that." I jumped into his train before he could beat himself up even more. I planted a kiss on his lips and blocked his way to the closet. "You're gonna take your time off now and get back only when, and if, you feel okay again. We lay our lives on the line for others daily. But you can't ever lose it. Never! Because I won't live in a world without you. And I know that I've said that a thousand times but I'll say it again if you didn't get i-"
"Thanks for being you." Percy said.
"No, I said you're taking a time off- Wait what?" I stared at him.
"I will take the time off. I killed two hellhounds today and got the best of something that looked like the devil himself but I feel no victory in it. I'm gonna spend more time home and pass a mission or two for Clarisse or Jason. I can't concentrate if I'm terrified of failing. I haven't felt that way since the endless pit. I'm not fine lately." He said. "Every time I go in, this memory of the rage I had just comes flooding in and I either overshoot it or-"
"That's-" I nodded. "So... We're gonna get in on some training and kick that fear straight in it's ass and out of your mind. I'll book the arena for the evenings and-"
"Annabeth you gave birth two months ago, you can't-"
"Don't you dare take that from me, I haven't washed my hair without someone screaming for me in ages. I am perfectly capable of fighting mode."
"I get it! But shouldn't you be resting?" Percy asked me worriedly, but a smile was dancing on his face so brightly I could kiss him all day. He was happy already and that mattered.

"Babe?" I looked at Percy from the front door and, grinning, said "I got 4 monsters today. But yes, take your time to change those diapers next time. This evening was my resting day."
"Unfair, you're a goddess, I'm just a mere man." Percy replied, balancing on one leg to put on his shoe.

I got inspired cause today was finally a good day
*my boss texted me that I didn't have to come in today and that's the best*

I'll still do those stories you asked for cause you're amazing and I love you for caring to read those and being here