7. Leo

"Look, we're almost there," I shouted.
Calypso was sitting right behind me but the wind was too loud for us to talk in whispers.
When we left Ogygia she got a little bit sick. Probably because when we left her island the curse must have been lifted. After some tries we decided on a conclusion, she was a mortal now.
At least that's what we both hoped for even over her losing all the cool powers. If she had truly lost them, maybe it was temporary.
I wouldn't want my powers to be simply snatched away like that.
On the other hand, could you imagine a life with someone who'd never grow up?
Only the image of 80 year old myself and still 15 year old Calypso sitting on the porch in rocking chairs made me laugh.
Calypso poked my ribs. Uhm... oww.
"What's so funny?" She shouted.
"Nothing," I replied, my voice already hoarse.
"Do you see what I see?" She asked.
If she meant the black pegasus flying towards us then yes, I did.
"Yeah Sunshine, I'm not blind. It must be Percy's Blackjack."
I knew that Percy left Calypso on the island but I stopped holding him for that when I realized that by the time he ended up on Ogygia he must've had very strong feelings for Annabeth for years already. Even if he wanted to, he wouldn't find her. And I heard he tried to redeem her, just that the gods 'forgot'.
I understood Percy's decision then but I didn't know how Calypso would react to him, and Annabeth.
Festus shuddered a bit but he straightened his wings, we started sailing the air.
"Please don't break on me now," I pleaded Festus. Maybe I put too much of desperateness to that sentence because Calypso shot up behind me.
"Are we going to fall?"
I'd swear I could hear more sarcasm than fear in her voice.
"I don't knoooooww-" the last word came out more like a scream.
How brave Leo! I thought to myself.
One of Festus's wings eased and the pressure broke half the wing off.
My poor dragon.
"Hold tight!" I shouted through the wind as Calypso hugged my waist even more tightly.
We were falling right into the middle of the woods. The campers must have noticed us. Yes?
"I'm gonna haunt you if we perish," Calypso yelled.
We were about 90 feet from the ground.
I didn't have to be a genius to know that if we collided with the ground in this speed we wouldn't be more but two bods' to burn. Or more like scrub from the ground.
No way was I to die again.
"I love you too!" I said.
"Festus you have to stretch out the broken wing right NOW!"
And Festus did exactly as I told him.
"Good boy." I patted him on the metal scales.
Now we were staggering slightly slower.
70, 60, 50, feet above the ground.
"We have to jump," I grabbed Calypso when we were about 40 feet from the ground.
"Protect yourself buddy!" I shouted at the dragon before we bounced from the dragons back.
He looked over at us almost sadly but hunched into the shield of his wings. There'd be one big hole in the earth after that... You know what they say about leaving a mark here and there.
Calypso yelled but I coded Archimedes's sphere quickly.
And as we were far enough from Festus it shot ropes with hooks to the closest trees. I more so imagined a net but... Well it worked. One of the ropes tied around us tightly so we ended up hanging from a tree. Upside down.
"Calypso?"
"Yes, Leo?" Calypso said, agitated as ever.
"You should see yourself right now! You look terrible," I said and then I just laughed. She'd hit me for that but she couldn't move right now, could she?
"At least we're alive," she said as she burst into laughter too.
Then I saw Percy and Annabeth standing under our tree. Looking at us like we were crazy. Which neither of us could deny.
"Hi!" I shouted down to my friends with a grin on my face. My heart started racing. I was so glad to see them.
"Hello," Calypso added almost shyly.
Both of them looked very surprised. Can I wonder why? No...
"You look like you just saw a ghost. How long was I gone?" I asked, still sorta amused.
"How long!" I shouted already, fear creeping down my spine. But it couldn't have been too long, they looked the same, the new scars haven't faded yet, it was still summer.
Percy shot me a deadly stare and Annabeth finally spoke up.
"Five days you selfish little idiot.
What were you thinking when you just decided to die alone? I swear I'm going to kill you again when I cut you down!"
More kids appeared from the woods. Including Jason and Piper.
I wanted to talk but suddenly there was too much to say. And the ropes were pressing on my chest too...

-Vendy