4. Okay together

Percy's POV

When I got to Athena's cabin Annabeth was trashing on her bed. She was screaming out something I couldn't pick up. Kids were around, keeping her from falling.
She muttered words accompanied by my name as she kicked around, flailing her arms as in pain.
I've- we've already been through that a couple of times.
I grabbed Annabeth's hands, crossing mine over her body, and pulled her to the floor with me. I didn't need her falling.
She grasped for the first thing she got in her hand, a slipper, and threw it into the space. It hit her mother who caught it quite smoothly.
"Annabeth you have to wake up, please. I love you and- and I need you too," I said as calmly as I could. I was talking just for her, being loud had no meaning.
We've been through those seizures a few times already. I held her, trying hard not to restrain her movements to panic her more.
Once on Argo I stopped breathing and Annabeth had to give me mouth to mouth, the kiss of life. Yeah... Though back then it wasn't funny at all.
Malcolm kept his eyes on Annabeth, his face full of desperation.
For once not even Athena knew what to do. Her siblings just stood around, all of them scared for their sister, the little ones terrified.
I couldn't loose her to some stupid flasback episode. Not to anything, ever...
"Annabeth I love you!" I told her. She still muttered and spasmed through.
I almost cried myself by that time.
She stopped moving suddenly and I thought she fainted at first. But Annabeth was breathing just fine, just shaking to it. I held her hands up, gently press them with mine.
"Okay, Annabeth you have to wake up right now. You have to go to school with me and then to college and," I continued on blabbing my heart out while the tears she cried cleared her mind, it felt like a good sign.
"And you have to say yes when I ask you to marry me cause I'll be dam scared! We'll marry and then we'll have kids. Hey and maybe a dog too."
And then Annabeth started breathing heavily, and she grabbed my hand.
"No more dogs Percy, O'Leary is enough," Annabeth whispered as she opened her eyes. I hugged her tighter and kissed her forehead.
I let out a deep breath.
"You died," Annabeth said, crying. That hurt me a lot to be honest.
"I'm so sorry Annabeth, I thought you were gonna be fine." I sighed.
"Yeah, was kinda hoping for that too," Annabeth replied.
"I'm not gonna leave you again, even if I have to sleep tied to Malcolm," I promised.
Annabeth smiled, even through the tears in her eyes.
"I bet he's gonna love that."
I wiped the tears off of her face with my hand. Annabeth sank to the touch, closing her eyes.
"I'm tired Percy, can you stay here? Please," she asked, curling closer to me.
I looked up at Athena while Annabeth just scooted around for comfort.
By now, her mother had a sword in her hand. She was holding the grip so tightly that her joints turned white. Honestly? I was scared for our lives.
Though I believed she'd only kill me.
"Yess!" she hissed, looking very, VERY angry.
I thought she was at least going to turn me into a spider and crush me with her bare feet but she just looked at us and hissed something like "I'm going to tell Dionysus and Chiron to let you stay here Perseus Jackson but don't think that you can take her away from me just like that!" through gritted teeth. Though I had to quess most of it.
Yup, she loved me...
Then Lady Athena turned into an owl and flew out the open door.
"That went well," I smiled at Annabeth who's eyes were shutting down.
"Sure," Annabeth yawned so I helped her up and settled on the bed with her. I covered us with her blanket.
"It was just a dream, remember that, Wise girl."
"Goodnight Percy," Annabeth took my hand and I kissed her cheek.
"Goodnight."
So we both closed our eyes, leaving the athenians to decide for themselves. I was a drama llama in the moment but nobody really spoke more than goodnights or thank yous...
Annabeth's siblings just muttered something to each other as they all walked to their beds but I didn't understand them.
I was too tired for that.
The last thought before I fell asleep was about what I said to Annabeth. Especially about the marriage and family part. I knew I could never love someone like I loved Annabeth.
Without her my life would be pointless. Annabeth by my side, I had no more terrible dreams that night.