Reasoning

Warning: super cheesy story included

So I know I said I'd continue a little more in the storyline of the Greece adventure, and I will, but now's a bit of some time for explaining before the next chapters.
(There's a story in this too, don't worry.)

About why the two of the last chapters were set in a more matured and, ya know, 20 something year old time... So for one, they're actually that old right now, 25 exactly. Two, I felt like it XD. And last but not least, I needed to show their growth somehow. Yes, even adults can and will goof around, and I kinda needed to remind everyone, including me, that it's fun and it's okay to find your inner kid and go wild. And I'm honestly excited for something and that expressed it just perfectly. I don't know what it is specifically for now but eh, who cares ;)
.
.
.
*Some time after they first went to the underworld because of Cerberus* (other things are already resolved too)

"Hades!" Percy called in front of the giant, light consuming, gate. He was getting impatient and uneasy with Annabeth and Victoria standing by his side. He wouldn't care if he were alone but those were his girls breathing in the heavy sulfuric air. Victoria was a brave girl but Percy and Annabeth felt how she jumped at every other wail that came from the gates, it was no Disneyland.
"Uncle Hades, we're here." Called Victoria. She was in her spunkiest age so far. Annabeth and Percy laughed and at that moment the gate opened and they were welcomed by the one and only Persephone, she smiled at them cheekily but frowned as she looked up all the faces.
"Oh hello." She smiled again nicely but a little less happily.
"Hello. I'm sorry Nico couldn't make it today, something with school." Annabeth said quickly with a tone of pity in her voice.
"But he says Hi to you." Percy added. "And-"
"And he's sending you this." Victoria skipped to the goddess and hugged her, grinning up at the bewildered immortal. Annabeth caught her hand again and they all entered the garden, it was a different world, much other from what was behind the magical fence.
"I still can't keep her here, can I?" Persephone asked for which she got a clear "No" from both Percy and Annabeth, they all smirked.
"Agh, just wait when puberty hits." Persephone grinned again and the little family just laughed once more, what could they say, they understood how lonely she must have been down there.
"So." Annabeth started. "Where's the big puppy?" She asked, obviously excited to actually see for herself how Cerberus was doing, while Percy was trying to keep the curious kid of theirs from ripping pieces of all the plants that grew around them. Or at least until he gave up and whispered "No pomegranates!" to her.
"Oh, he's resting in the front hall right now, I think. Anyway, I don't know how to thank you."
"For convincing the god of the underworld to stop using his three-headed monstrous dog as a nonstop slave? You're welcome. Call when you want me to get him to not drink the milk straight from the box." Annabeth laughed.
"Hey, I don't wish that to anyone." Percy smirked, Annabeth was a tough player.
"I will do that if it is ever necessary." Persephone winked at her. It wasn't like Annabeth was a bestie with her but she certainly never refused it when Nico asked his friends to come visit with him. "So where is your Mrs?"
"She took off on us the moment we arrived, who knows, she likes running around here." Percy piped up.
"In that case, I think I know where she is." Persephone chuckled a little. And well, as they descended the steps into the hall, they could hear the playful barking and growling.
"O'LEARY!" Percy and Annabeth shouted at once. All four heads turned for a second before jumping back into action, ignoring the orders. Victoria was always happy with animals, land or sea, it didn't matter.
Annabeth and Percy looked at each other, dopey grins on, and a moment of complete understanding passed over them. The couple leaned into a half hug, the light kind you give when there's nothing more to be said.
The goddess looked at them and smiled inside, wishing she could have that too. She was thinking about what it feels like, what it would be if she could have fallen in love like mortals, like every other Jane and John.
"I'll be excused now." Persephone announced. "See yourself out whenever you want, I'll-"
"You're not staying aunt Persephone?" Victoria turned at them from the dogs whom she was throwing the balls to.
"No child, godly matters." She answered.
But Victoria wasn't likely to give up when she wanted something.
"But you can't yet." She said, set on that thought.
Annabeth smirked at that as Percy laughed, she knew he was thinking of the younger Annabeth that would boss him around.
Persephone looked a little phased though, it wasn't often that she received any orders, from anyone. But she quickly shook the basic urge to fry someone and sat on the ground next to the child that was rummaging for something in her backpack. "What is it, child of Perseus and Annabeth?"
The couple snickered silently.
"I brought you something." Victoria glanced up for a moment, still looking for something. Then, out of the depths of the bag full of toys, candies, and some rocks and twigs, she pulled out a sea pebble, a ruffed up dandelion crown, and a little piece of a mirror-like metal.
"We made this with Alaya and Jordan." She said, putting the wreath of sorta dry flowers in her hair. They Blossomed to the best as they touched the goddess's head.
"And I dived for that moon rock myself, so if you put it on this." She took the metal piece and put the pebble on. A holographic image appeared above it. "You can see the moon that's on the sky. I don't know how it works yet, but I'll figure it out!"
"Thank you Victoria." Persephone took the presents and they vanished. "I'll cherish that. Now can I give you something back?" Persephone looked at Percy and Annabeth as she said that and they nodded in approval.
"It's not cursed, don't worry." The goddess winked as they all waited varily. "Here you go." She closed her hands together and turned them in concentration. "Plant this and it will flourish as long as your hearts stay this kind and zealous, it will glow bright when you need a light in your life. I don't expect it to ever fade away." Persephone poured the tiny plant with a pinch of soil into Victoria's tiny hands and pulled them both up.
"Now you go and hurry, it won't water itself!" Persephone tried to put at least a little authority into her softened mood.

...

"Thank you." She told them as they prepared themselves to shadow travel back home. "I hope I'll see you soon!" She said.
Percy and Annabeth looked at her, waiting for the same old line she liked to use as a joke.
"Alive and well, of course."
They laughed it off and soon found themselves in their back garden. Victoria jumped down from the dog's back and ran inside to let Greer out and probably plant the flower she was just given.
"We really raised her right." Annabeth said, scratching Mrs O'Leary behind her ears.
"I know... How we managed it though, well that's still a mystery to me." Percy said, he ran a hand through his hair and took to the house but Annabeth grabbed his arm and turned him to face her.
"Don't ever say that again, you've been an amazing dad, and I'd know that well." Annabeth stopped suddenly, frowning. "Look at her, she's kind and brave, compassionate... She's creative and good, there's not a flaw in her. We made her that! We, the biggest screw ups with so crappy lives one would think we didn't have the emotional span to run around in superhero capes when our kid wanted to play on some kryptonians. But Percy, she wouldn't be this amazing if it weren't for us. I know that. And I know that you know that too. Because if not, why would I want more kids with you?" Annabeth exclaimed all in one go, tears welling up in her eyes. "I want a baby Percy." Annabeth laughed. "And I want that with you." She sighed.
Annabeth leaned her forehead on Percy's and he just smiled.
"Me too, you know that." Percy said. "Thank you."
"For what?" Annabeth looked at him quizzically.
"For being the reason to wake up everyday, I wouldn't know left from right without you. I haven't mentioned that in a long time." Percy grinned. Annabeth rolled her eyes with a cheeky smile on her face.
"You're so cheesy." Annabeth smirked. "But not as cheesy as the line I wanna wake up with you everyday..." Annabeth laughed.
"You so said that like a hundred times." Percy laughed out.
"Cause it's true. My love!" Annabeth smirked.
"Come on in, I've got some work to finish for tomorrow." Annabeth added.
"Eh, me too." Percy sighed, slumping his shoulders. "That little water bitch is picky." He added silently.
"You're on a forced leave Percy, that means you're supposed to not go there cause you're either annoying or working too hard." Annabeth laughed out. "And I swear if you-"
"They need me." Percy whined.
"The humans or animals?" Annabeth mocked him.
"Clifford is really sensible."
"It's an otter!" Annabeth cried out.
"And he is a fragile creature who needs the finest treatment." Percy retorted jokingly.
"I get that, but you're not cooking for him again. Not in my house." Annabeth announced, amused.
"Oh make me." Percy pouted playfully.
"Percy!" Annabeth laughed. "Just feed O'Leary and Greer." She sighed, smirking. "And move it, it's game night tonight."
"Mommy!!!" Called Victoria from the house.
"I'm right there." Annabeth called back.
"Wait, did you mean it like now? With the baby." Percy now stopped Annabeth.
"Yes, it's never going to be better timing. We're done with schools and financially stable, the house is all done... My job is perfect and yours too. It fits in the plan. Victoria would love it... And Sally was already complaining last time we visited." Annabeth shrugged.
"True." Percy smiled. "And Victoria shouldn't be an only child."
"No way."
"Exactly..." Annabeth jeered and raised her eyebrows flirtatiously to get the laugh out of it.
Percy snorted. "You know your child just called for you, right?" He laughed even more.
"Right!" Annabeth turned and ran into the house as Victoria called again.
So Percy was left alone for a moment and he thought that he couldn't be happier. Percy wanted a child with Annabeth. He loved Victoria more than he could express, she was their own in all the ways but 100 percently biological, but he wanted to go through all the shenanigans with Annabeth. Ultrasounds, finding out... The moment the kid was born.
Finally, Percy knew what was making Annabeth glow, she was ready to open her heart to a whole new person and that meant the world to her as she was someone who's own family didn't send her a word in years. Annabeth was happy because she finally let go of her past as much as she could, she accepted it, and so Percy was happy too.