10. Half Blood City - planning future out (Percy's POV)

It was half an hour later when Annabeth came for me to get my ass over to the big house. And she has called for an emergency meeting... We counselors all gathered in the Big house, even poor upset Will.
Miranda was there too because Katie never wanted to lead them all by herself, Jason and Piper sat across from me, of course Leo was sitting there, Annabeth told him to do so. Why? Because it was Leo who really listened to no one but my girlfriend when it came to it...
Katie, Travis and Connor arrived just before Chiron entered the room.
"Anniebell has an important thing to say. Calm down!" Dyonisus growled, so obviously bothered.
I wanted to laugh in the moment, I felt twelve and almost resisting that man's attitude again.
Mr D. told Annabeth that if she figured out a way to build the city by herself and wouldn't bother him with anything he wouldn't care what she did. Or so Annabeth told me on the way over.
I think she took it as a challenge.
Annabeth stood up.
"I have um... A proposal? for all of you. Most of us either go to high school or college after this summer but what are we going to do after that? Move to mortal cities and fight the monsters for our whole lives, or just stay in a summer camp forever? We should get the chance to have normal lives and since the only place we could be safe is in California... I think that we should build our own city. Maybe city Half blood or something, I didn't think of a name as much yet."
No one said a word.
"O-kay," she laughed nervously.
"We would need help from the gods. And your siblings Lou. You would have to make the magic borders go a bit further on the west side and we'd build the city mostly there. All of my siblings will work on designing the place, of course with anyone else interested too, and Leo's cabin would lead the building of it. Every cabin would have to participate in it. We'd start with schools and we need a few houses finished as soon as possible, just so we can start it out for the oldest here." Annabeth swung from one foot to the other, she was breathless and slightly holding onto her stomach with her left hand.
The spunky little girl she was when I met her would be swooning right in the moment, however nervous she was.
"Why? Are you pregnant Chase?" Clarisse laughed, grinning from ear to ear.
Annabeth looked at me and rolled her eyes, probably not knowing whether to fight back or ignore her. She wasn't about to tell on Katie but Travis stood up and went over to Annabeth to be seen by all.
"Annabeth's not. At least what I know of." Travis tilted his head in a careless gesture. I glanced over the table, Katie looked like she was about to throw up.
"But Katie is."
Everyone in the room but me and Annabeth gasped, questions arose. I could see Annabeth mentally slapping him.
"Travis I didn't mean for you to tell them right now, I meant for us to tell them at a more peaceful moment, bringing cupcakes and sugar stuffed candy to soften them up, damn it!" Katie was mad at him.
"Well you should have been more specific love." Travis rolled his eyes.
Then Danny, Ilithyia's son, yelled "I knew it!" And I think he offed everyone with that line.
"Sorry," he apologized. "I just knew someone was pregnant in here. I only didn't know who. At times I thought I was going crazy... You're about 6 weeks by the way but if you want to know more you should go to Lily. She can tell you everything about this. I'm not that good as she is."
"6 weeks?" Travis asked and started counting on his hands, muttering to himself again. And it was just enough for me.
I started laughing hysterically to add to the chatter around. Annabeth glared the best she could but I knew she was cracking up on the inside just as well.
Chiron stomped his feet, sorry hoof, and everyone shut their mouths tight.
I was still bubbling, Annabeth pinching me to stop.
"Katie, Travis, you will stay here after the council. We have something to talk about. But for now let's go back to the original theme. Who votes 'yes' for Annabeth's plan for the city? And for the gods's sakes can you act your age Perseus?" Everyone raised their hands.
"Was that question really necessary?" Chris laughed. "I'm helping out with that." He added. What he was doing at the meeting was a mystery to me considering we already had two Hermes counselors there... And maybe like an offspring or two.
"Seems like you have a work for the whole summer Wise girl." I said mockingly.
"You know that it means me actually working on the project, right?" Annabeth laughed. "Less beach trips and sleepovers at your mom's."
"Dam! I didn't think of that." I hugged her closer to me and kissed her.
Jason tapped my shoulder.
"Get a room guys."